OTA update Saturday night, ms exchange unlock

gunner581

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I got the original Froyo update quite a while ago when everyone else got it from my understanding. I got all the new widgets etc... While running 2.1 I was using lock picker to disable the ms exchange password lock screen. Even after updating to 2.2 lock picker still worked with no issues at all. Now this past saturday night I get another OTA update and now lock picker won't work. I did gain the ability to use a PIN instead of a full password but i would rather just have the pattern unlock. I know lock picker states in the market that it doesn't work with 2.2 but like I previously said it worked for me for quite some time. Does anyone have any idea how I can get back to the pattern unlock? Maybe another app or something? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
There was some voodoo going on for lockpicker users who (a) updated to froyo OTA, (b) were unrooted, and (c) did not do a factory reset after the OTA update. I was one of them. In that case, even though lockpicker could not "crack" HTC's mail app on 2.2, the previous crack under 2.1 stuck. Something in the new OTA changed that, and now even that "legacy" crack is gone.

Your only option as of now is to root and try klaus27's hack over at XDA. I haven't tried it yet, but am contemplating it. I have to shmooze one of the IT guys into giving me a pass first.

Removing Keyguard Password Policy due to Exchange (HTC Sense & Milestone & Froyo) - xda-developers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12