stuck in hboot/fastboot

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
download a rom and load it in recovery

first go into recovery then select mounts then click usb mount drag the rom to ur sd then load it up

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
thanks but i am unrooted and have s-on ..... looks pretty grim:( i cant load anything because (i think) i have s-on. ive tried loading froyo and eclair and both say "no such file" and oddly enough my recovery is CWM...? i dont get that part either. and the ruu froyo wont load either. im f*cked!

Last edited:

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
thanks but i am unrooted and have s-on ..... looks pretty grim:( i cant load anything because (i think) i have s-on. ive tried loading froyo and eclair and both say "no such file" and oddly enough my recovery is CWM...? i dont get that part either. and the ruu froyo wont load either. im f*cked!

Don't give up just yet, go into fast boot, not hboot. And try to run the ruu.

Get back to me if that doesn't work and I'll help you out.

Edit- go into clockwork mod recovery, down to partitions, and mount your sd card while it's hooked up to your pc. Then put a rom on your sd card, and install it.

Don't panic, I'll fix you up even if neither of these methods work

Reactions: jdazzr

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
i tried the ruu in fastboot again. it says error [170] usb connection error ...? im am connected. i tried the other method you listed but i dont know how to install a rom on the sd, when the sd doesnt even register.(well it registers cuz my computer makea a sound but says please insert disk) another weird thing is when im under the "mount unmount partitions", system and data are "unmounted"..? ima keep trying

Last edited:

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Just plug your phone in, go to partitions, then mount sd. Something should pop up on your pc. Put the rom on in. then once it's on there, hit unmount and then go back. Go to install rom from sd, etc...

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
its not showing up... i can go under my computer and there are two disks there E & F. but i cant do anything with em. it says insert disk... idk. ima call verizon here soon. this all happened after the update a few days ago. im sure they will warranty it.

my confusing is with s being on now. i was sure im sending it back so i wanted s-on since the rollback didnt do it like it did last time. so with s-on, isnt that gonna make unverified files not transfer over?

ok after mounting the sd card i had to go to mount usb storage :facepalm: fingerscrossed..

Last edited:

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
THANK YOU igotsanevo4g! id hit thank you over and over if i could haha. its not 100% but i am at least up and running froyo again. im am still trying to rollback and unroot but am still unsuccessful with that but mad a hell of a jump from a few hours ago.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'll help you unroot here soon, you just need to put a special file on youre sd card, and youre phone will do the rest. I gotta find the file, brett would know.

Glad I could help. :)

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Alright I pm'd brett for ya. He's the man for incredibles.

I just remembered, do you have htc sync installed, and the necessary drivers too? Do you have the unrevoked drivers removed?

Try doing that stuff, then run the ruu.

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
ok, so im 100% stock froyo unrooted and all is good. except... i still have s-off and from what ive read i can only change that in clockwork mod which i dont have anymore? i think im just gonna send it back as is cuz the main problem (no 3g) still exists.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
okay im here haha. I am relatively new to the DInc so i will do my best to point you in the right direction.

Okay, so I am linking 2 pages to my post. Both of which are from the UnrEVOked wiki. The first page has info on about s-off and also has the file for the s-on tool. I would scroll to the bottom and read over the "frequently asked questions" section. It seems like what you are looking for.

The 2nd link describes how you would put on a custom recovery (ex. clockwork or amon ra) manually so that you can flash your device to get s-off to s-on. Read over both pages and it will basically walk you through the whole process. If this is not what you are looking for then I will see if i can find something else for you.

link 1-- public:forever [RootWiki]

link 2-- public:forever [RootWiki]

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
cool guys, thanks a bunch :cheers: so basically i gotta root again .. lol. turn s-on first, then rollback. ill report with my results later.

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
same phone, i just wanna return it back to factory before returning. but now i can not root!?!?! i dont know why. last night it was just plug and play. not it just says "waiting for root....." and stays there:mad::mad:

wow! ive been at this for 2hrs now and am unsuccessful to root. just does what i said above...

Last edited:

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
thanks for all your help again. i found this on the unrevoked wiki
Once your phone is S-ON, you may lose root permanently if you install an official update
that may explain why i cant root again...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member