Hey all,

I have a DINC w/ Froyo and the recent maint.update applied. I'm not rooted.

Today, my battery was low, so I turned the phone off until I return to the office to recharge the phone. Now, when I turn it on, it reboots over and over.

"Droid" sound then white HTC screen, then "Droid" sound again, then white HTC screen again, etc...

Can anyone help me?
    11-15-2010 03:47 PM
    Battery pull, try to turn it on. If you can get it to boot then do a factory restore.

If that doesn't work, run a ruu from fast boot.
    apark likes this.
    11-15-2010 04:24 PM
    Did the battery pull. In fact, that's the only way to get it stop rebooting over and over. (I pulled the batter after the 5th reboot)

As for "run a ruu". Is that like reapplying the update.zip instruction as with the recent Verizon update? Is that a good ruu to do this with?

Thanks!

A.
    11-15-2010 05:03 PM
    My phone did pretty much the same thing. My phone was fully charged before going to bed last night and when I woke this morning it was off. I tried turning it on but it would get to when it says, "DROID" all robot-like and turn off again. I tried charging it this morning and the LED indicator was flashing orange and not charging. I bought the 1750 battery a couple weeks ago and thought it was that (and it still could be part of the problem), but after pulling it out and messing with it, it began to work properly as when I first purchased it.

NOW I get the pop-ups saying something like, can't read disk properly, then either ignore or eject disk. This isn't the problem, because others have the same thing and you just ignore and continue on your mary way, but now it is popping up every ten seconds.

Currently my phone is off, charging again. And we'll see what happens.
    11-15-2010 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD