Possible to Setup Wireless Connection from a separate computer?

higgenbottom

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
So I'm figuring this isn't possible but I thought I would check and see just for fun.

I'd like to setup a wireless connection at my work not from the Incredible itself but from a separate computer. I was hoping (dreaming) that there was some magical way I could sync the phone with the computer and punch in the info there. Namely the wireless password. And then save it and my phone would be able to access the wireless signal like normal from then on out.

Why would I want to do such a thing you ask? I'll be honest, I dropped my phone in the toilet. After I flushed thankfully, but after drying it, and then a week or so later, I can't hit the P button in portrait mode. And of course you can't switch to landscape in the wireless connection and of course the password at work includes a P. I took it to Verizon and they won't replace it since it got water in there and I guess they knew that from the dot inside or mind reading. (Bluffing did not sway the counter woman at all).

Like I said, I don't have high hopes here, but thought I would check, because there's always hope, you can do anything, reach for the skies, etc, etc, etc.

higgenbottom

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
You sir, are a genius.

The copy paste feature in gmail is kinda awkward (and what's up with that?) but what I did was type the password in a message draft while in landscape, then copy before sending, then went back and pasted it in. Totally worked.

I knew someone on here would have a good suggestion.

higgenbottom

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Its because you flushed the P down the toilet. Sorry to poke fun at your story but I couldn't help it

It was a funny story. At least it was funnier than I dropped it on the ground.

I remember graffiti from the old palm days, I'm not sure it's something I feel like getting back to. Plus most of the time my P issues are minor cause I can turn the thing landscape. It's only occasionally that I have a burning P problem. (did you see what I did there?)

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I know not to many people are going to agree with me but I would recommend insurance. I once mashed the screen on accident on my LG voyager and they replaced it the next day.

I used ausion insurance through Verizon.

I know its to late for this phone but maybe when you get your next phone or some thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton