HTC Sync 3.0

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the new Sync 3.0 and it seems to be what people have been asking for as far as being able to sync playlists and calender events and photos. Seems just like the blackberry desktop manager...Its been a while since I've had a blackberry so someone that has had a blackberry more recently would be able to better explain improvements compared to the blackberry desktop manager.

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Installed it a month ago and eventually un-installed it. Had the DINC connected, set to Sync, program would not recognize connected device. Being that it was an intermittent problem, I got rid of it. One thing to note is that once it does connect, it immediately syncs whatever is set to sync. If you have, say playlists set to sync and you don't want them to be synced, too bad. The only way to change sync settings is AFTER connecting and syncing. My advice is to turn everything off so no autosync upon connection, then manually sync as needed.

ramireh3

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I thought the HTC Sync was too glitchy and ended up turning all my Outlook information over to Google and just do wireless sync through that. It does make it a lot less complicated after you get past the initial hurdle of transfering your information.

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The problem with using Gmail contacts is when you create/edit a contact in Outlook, it does not autosync to Gmail/phone (unless someone knows of a means for this) and requires export from OL/Import to Gmail.