contacts

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way where I can merge all of my regular phone contacts with my google contacts? I don't want to have to go into my phone and change each individual contact to google. Is there a way to do this quicker? I have tried to just sync it by going into the setting and hitting my gmail like that but it still didn't work. Am I doing something wrong? I just want to have all of my contacts from the phone to google.

cinnabubbles

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I found that just putting all my contacts in Google on my PC was easiest, and just deleted all the contacts stored phone-side.

I believe you can export your phone contacts & import them to Google would make the process easier as well. I can go about and confirm this if you want to try it out.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

cinnabubbles

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Okie dokes. I'm on my PC now so:

On your phone:
Tap People
Tap Import/Export
Tap Export to SD Card
Tap Phone
Tap OK

On PC:
Plug your phone in via USB
Tap Disk Drive when it asks
Load up Gmail on your PC
Contacts
More Actions
Import...
Browse to your SD card
Find the PCSC file on the root of the card
Tap import
Tap More Actions
Find & Merge Duplicates

Last edited:
Reactions: radgatt and BSG75

TBarnhardt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This is pretty much the same question I just came here to ask. My wife recently got an Incredible and the VZ tech imported all her contacts from her Blackberry as phone contacts, but I'd rather they be Google contacts so they synch with GMail. Is there any sort of option to change the contact type? From what I understand the export/import method results in 2 copies of every contact, since it leaves the individual phone contact and creates a new Google one.

Edit: After trying CinnaBubbles solution, it worked perfectly. Thanks!

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is pretty much the same question I just came here to ask. My wife recently got an Incredible and the VZ tech imported all her contacts from her Blackberry as phone contacts, but I'd rather they be Google contacts so they synch with GMail. Is there any sort of option to change the contact type? From what I understand the export/import method results in 2 copies of every contact, since it leaves the individual phone contact and creates a new Google one.

Once you got all the contacts backed up via SD card you can go ahead and delete them from the phone.

And then when you add them to your google account they will be synced automatically so that you will only have one copy of your contacts.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
What is the next step? I deleted my contacts from my phone and when I went into the setting to sync my google it synced but when I went back into my contacts nothing was there.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
On your phone:
Tap People
Tap Import/Export
Tap Export to SD Card
Tap Phone
Tap OK

On PC:
Plug your phone in via USB
Tap Disk Drive when it asks
Load up Gmail on your PC
Contacts
More Actions
Import...
Browse to your SD card
Find the PCSC file on the root of the card
Tap import
Tap More Actions
Find & Merge Duplicates

These are the steps and appear to be correct to me.

Reactions: radgatt

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I did everything. It wouldn't sync for some reason when I had it mounted to the computer but once I unmounted it from the computer it synced just fine. I appreciate it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463