MAJOR problem help!

KMF0727

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
OK here's my scenario I have a non rooted incredible that I use a TON. Yesterday when I was working from home I ran the battery down to about 15%so I charged it for a little while unplugged it and then used it again. Later that night as I do every night I turned it off to fully charge it for the evening. It charged but later on that evening I needed to go back to it for something and I noticed that half of my apps are not working. The pictures on the icons are now gone replaced by a generic android symbol. I can't even access the market, I called verizon and they said the only thing I can do is move my pics to my SD and factory wipe the phone. I really don't want to do this cause then I will loose everything I have in there which is a lot. The icons are still there but when I try to launch them it says "The linked program is no longer installed on your phone". Thought I would run this by everyone here first before I did the factory reset. This is really upsetting anyone else have this happen to them?

Thanks,

Keith

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
First before a reset I would try cleaning the market cache and app brain cache too if thats also on your phone, Menu button>settings>applications>manage applications >(touch tab at top on to "all")
then select those programs and clean cache, then try to access the market again either wifi or 3g and maybe you will be able to and re download those apps you no longer have .

Reactions: KMF0727

droidfrk

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine only does that when my sd card doesnt mount correctly. I know your not rooted but do you use app2sd or anything like it? If so just go in and unmount your sd car and then mount it back!

Reactions: KMF0727

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine only does that when my sd card doesnt mount correctly. I know your not rooted but do you use app2sd or anything like it? If so just go in and unmount your sd car and then mount it back!

What he said. Do you have a spare sd card? Format it and see if everything works after that. I had the exact same problem before and it was that my SDcard went bad. Reformatting it didn't fix the issue, it had to be replaced.

Remove any important data off of your current SDCard because it could be about to fail.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Just a thought before you reset - did you try to delete the shortcut on your screen and then re-load it on your screen?

If the app launches from the app drawer you may just need to re-short cut them onto your screen.

This has happened to a few of my apps from time to time.

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay