Android Calendar Meetings sent to BB and Vice Versa? Help.

mcptech

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Thinking about getting the DINC. Wife and I both have BB's and sync our life thru the calendar. If I go droid what is the best way to send meeting request from droid to blackberry and viceversa?

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Since it sounds like you want to use a BB and a Droid at the same time, I'd suggest getting the gmail plugin for the BB, and setting up a gmail calendar that can be viewed by both you and your wife (you set up the calendar visibility/edit permissions on Google's website). Then you can point both phone calendars to sync with the common Google calendar. At least, that's what I would do. But honestly, once she sees the Droid, you both may wind up abandoning BB altogether, in which case the Google calendar setup still works just fine. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Lol! Well, I can understand that too. If you set up that Google calendar, she can still use her BB, and she shouldn't see any performance change at all on her phone. Maybe all it will take for her is to see whatever phone you get and actually witness the difference and improvements herself. Either way, I hope you two get something set up, because, speaking for myself, until BB innovates a phone with something comparable to today's other offerings, I won't be going back! Take my word for it, you won't be disappointed with the jump to Android. It's night and day better!

Last edited:

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I think Saiyajin answered your question fairly well and gave a good idea about having one calendar to sync from but it seems to me you really wanted to know if you can send each other calendar items and meeting requests. The answer is yes. I do it all the time with my Inc and my wife's Storm (don't get me started, she doesn't like change when it come to tech stuff). When you make a new calendar entry on your phone there's an option to enter in additional email addresses, thats where you would put hers. The calendar items she sends to you show up in the text messages and your phone automatically imports them into which ever calendar you want, the phone calendar, gmail, or exchange...all you have to do is tell it which one.

mcptech

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I think Saiyajin answered your question fairly well and gave a good idea about having one calendar to sync from but it seems to me you really wanted to know if you can send each other calendar items and meeting requests. The answer is yes. I do it all the time with my Inc and my wife's Storm (don't get me started, she doesn't like change when it come to tech stuff). When you make a new calendar entry on your phone there's an option to enter in additional email addresses, thats where you would put hers. The calendar items she sends to you show up in the text messages and your phone automatically imports them into which ever calendar you want, the phone calendar, gmail, or exchange...all you have to do is tell it which one.

Can someone send me a meeting request so I can see how my berry handles it? PM me and I will provide my email address. Thx!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams