Just need some idea's of what could cause this

droidfrk

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so no pun intended to the LG Ally form but there's very little support over there and on top of that the only real topic is hey have you rooted your phone. So I love the poster's here and we always seem to come up with an answer so im going to ask here b/c this is more of an app vs an actual direct phone question.

Ok all of that said he's of course running 2.1 and a ROM called velocity, its a well mod'd rom for this device and it supports barnacle wireless tethering. Now at my house it will tether my pc's fine (one running win 7 and the other running win xp) Then on the other hand when he goes back to his house none of his pc's will tether, they will all find banacle but none will connect to his device. His pc's are running windows 7 and vista. So with all this said, I have manually configured, i have uninstalled reinstalled, installed enough drivers to kill a small harddrive! and still no apples. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this to do this?? Thank you for your help ahead of time!!!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Does he have Ad hock networking disabled in his PC config?

Is the device using the same IP scheme as his home network?

Either could cause this. Try changing the base IP of the Barnacle tethering DHCP.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: droidfrk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae