WHOA, just got an invite to Swype!

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I just reading a post on someone asking how to get swype on the DInc, and all of a sudden I get an email invite from Swype. Anyone else getting their invite?

npc_caseym

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I got mine...I've been using it for a day or 2 now. I have a problem though...sometimes when I tap in a text box and the keyboard loads up, I'll start swyping and it won't input into the box...after I lift my finger up, there is a blue highlight that flashes around the keyboard but it doesn't put the text in. What the heck?! Am I just being stupid or what?

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I got mine...I've been using it for a day or 2 now. I have a problem though...sometimes when I tap in a text box and the keyboard loads up, I'll start swyping and it won't input into the box...after I lift my finger up, there is a blue highlight that flashes around the keyboard but it doesn't put the text in. What the heck?! Am I just being stupid or what?

everytime you reboot your phone the swype keyboard wont swype but you can still use it to press letters .. heres the fix! you must change the keyboard to any other one then change back to swype .. its something that should had been fixed a long time ago!!!!

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I also received the invite and down loaded it yesterday. I am using it exclusively to see if I can get used to that way of typing (swyping).

keebz

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I checked my email earlier today and got an invite as well. Kind of hesitant to try it out, for some reason, but definitely will.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just reading a post on someone asking how to get swype on the DInc, and all of a sudden I get an email invite from Swype. Anyone else getting their invite?
Yup, I got one too but I have ultra keyboard already so I haven't downloaded it yet.
I didn't have ultra keyboard when I signed up on their website but got tired of waiting

Sent using TaPaTaLk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

That happens when swype doesn't recognize the word. On mine it will be across the top, normal : )

Angmoe

May 9, 2010
Visit site
The last time the Swype beta expired I told myself I was done with it, what a bunch of bs thats it still is a beta. I bought Ultra keyboard and have been using it ever since, and like it. I like the tool bar right on the keyboard, I like the custom dictionary, and swype typing works well enough....BUT....I have to say, swyping on Swype :confused: is easier and more accurate for me.

keebz

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah how do you think Swype is with the battery in general? More or less power required than the stock battery? (Personally, I have the stock battery, but might pick up the 2150 later on).

Edit: Also, this might be a funny question, but how does one's screen fare with Swype and related applications? The constant "swyping" or sliding around -- does that wear out the screen or something?

I just finished installing Swype and ran the tutorial, and man I did some test runs in GTasks, this thing is amazing! Need to get used to the swapped buttons for switching between QWERTY and Number Pad.

Last edited:

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I got mine as well.

I'm pretty shocked that this actually works well, and isn't just a bunch of hype. Great stuff.

Doragg

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You don't need to be invited. I signed up for beta last week and they just barely reopened the beta so I was able to download it. I then put it on my wifes phone but I made her own account and she was able to download it instantly. Just google swype beta's web page and make an account and activate it and you'll be swyping in minutes...like this.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo