How Often Do You Shut Down Your Droid Incredible?

keebz

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just as the title says, how often do you guys shut off your Droids completely, not just sleep (it is amazing how fast it can wake up, when you compare it to a computer)? This can includes simple restarts.

I got my Droid Incredible last week and haven't shut it off since. What is the recommended amount of days?

Currently:
Up time: 189 hours, 32 minutes
Awake time: 53 hours

Just a fun, sharing thread if anything, nothing too technical.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I actually shut mine off completely before bed every night. I don't need it on at night so I don't see the reason to keep it on.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Either every day other every other day depending on if it's the stock battery or Xtended 2150 thats in the phone at that time.

Yup ....I rotate the batteries,I charge them with Xternal charger :)

Sent using TaPaTaLk

sivartk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It is my only phone, so just like an old land-line, it never gets shut off.

Granted, it stays in another room at night, so all I will hear is the ringer and not any other notifications.

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I actually shut mine off completely before bed every night. I don't need it on at night so I don't see the reason to keep it on.

I practically never shut mine down but I think I"m going to start shutting it off because the battery charges completely if you shut it down and loses a bar practically immediately when I leave it on but charging all night.

I did invest in extra batteries that often come in handy.

Since I'm thinking about getting my sons each an Incredible in January I better stock pile some batteries.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I use an external battery charger and cycle between 2 batteries so I power down at least once a day. If I didn't charge my batteries this way I would only power down when flashing things in recovery.

Mr.Incredible

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I pretty much shut mine down everyday because I rotate batteries and charge them on an external charger as well. I have already discovered that doing it this way charges the battery much better. Its sad that HTC never noticed this problem or are unable to fix this issue with an update. This is the only flaw I really see as a problem with the phone. Other wise I'm very happy with everything else.

keebz

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I heard it is a problem that can be solved on HTC/Google's part since it is a software/firmware issue. However, it seems to not be the case as if it were, I'm sure they'd give it the utmost priority over simple graphic upgrades and what not (it would be worthy of a hotfix, in my opinion).

BBKik

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I pretty much shut mine down everyday because I rotate batteries and charge them on an external charger as well. I have already discovered that doing it this way charges the battery much better. Its sad that HTC never noticed this problem or are unable to fix this issue with an update. This is the only flaw I really see as a problem with the phone. Other wise I'm very happy with everything else.

It would seem that if they could solve the battery issues this phone would be hands down the best, that said the battery swapping and external charger are starting to get old.

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Just as the title says, how often do you guys shut off your Droids completely, not just sleep (it is amazing how fast it can wake up, when you compare it to a computer)? This can includes simple restarts.

I got my Droid Incredible last week and haven't shut it off since. What is the recommended amount of days?

Currently:
Up time: 189 hours, 32 minutes
Awake time: 53 hours

Just a fun, sharing thread if anything, nothing too technical.

Every day. It's part of the bump charge ritual.

thecatwasnot

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I'm starting to feel weird, I've had mine for two weeks, and while yeah the battery drains fast I haven't felt compelled to get a new battery or try the bump charge thing. I charge the phone at night, but I use it as an alarm (LOVE AlarmDroid) and so I don't want to turn it off. I have been powering off/on once a week in the morning. I haven't had any issues so far. Maybe I just got lucky.

For example I've had it off the charger for about an hour this morning, idle mostly and I'm still at 97% battery.

bark8015

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Only if I'm having 3G signal issues. Which happens infrequently when I drive through a specific area of town, although it's always the exact same spot.

Currently:
Up Time 424:19
Awake Time 76:58

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Only if I reflash or if I need to swap batteries. It's been a few weeks since my last. My storm would have been atleast twice a day.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine is shut down while I am at work. No need for it there. On when on my break and then after work until I go to bed. I shut it off at night as well. I don't need it on 24/7 . I charge it nightly. It is my only communication so I make sure it is fully charged. The battery has lasted longer today. I have had the Incredible one full week now. I LOVE IT !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair