Charging/overheat and draining

garygarland

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,
First post. I've searched but can't find what i'm looking for.
I have numerous chargers, cables, etc. - the only thing that seems to work well for my stock droid incredible (stock battery, no hacks, yes screen and case protectors) is the stock htc usb charger and htc cable that came with it.
I've bought USB chargers that seem to disable the touch screen (grounding issue?)
At present, at my office I have a USB to mini USB, and a motorola microUSB adapter - whether plugged into a charger with just the micro adapter, or plugged into a pc with the USB plus micro adapter, i'll sometimes have perfect charging, however i'll often have the phone drain itself, get very warm, and discharge - i've rebooted the phone, and sometimes it resolves, other times not.
I don't know if my phone is defective or if this is a known issue.
I have had other car chargers with the same type of microUSB adapter from Motorola, where sometimes they'd charge, othertimes not at all.
I have had decent luck with the Zagg Sparq battery/USB charger - and using the cable it will generally charge the phone, albeit slowly, whether in the "normal" usb port, or the optomized charging port.
any ideas, guidance, suggestions are all very appreciated.
also, i have been noticing more and more force closes from sense - i don't know if it's from any behind the scene updates (like the new market) or something else. again, thanks for any help!!!!!:eek:

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Something might be wrong with your incredible.
I charge my phone off computers, usb cigarette lighter adapters, Motorola chargers, Seido chargers , blackberry chargers and sometimes the HTC factory charger.
Generally I get the best charge quality off the slowest charge, my 550ma Motorola charger.

garygarland

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
hi - thanks for the reply.
i had assumed others had overheat while charging issues - maybe it's unique to my DI - though i have read others with bad charges losing screen functionality while plugged in (i've had that happen)
if nobody else is having charging issues, then i may have to return my DI - i got it 2 days before release (no bragging rights left after all this time) but i have my screen protector, etc. and installed software which i hate to disrupt - but if i have to i will.
i'd appreciate if anyone else can mention if they've had overheat issues while on usb or plugged in, or other charging anomolies - otherwise, back to verizon with the beast...

spectre72

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Just found this thread. I have had my fascinate for just a month and twice it has given me an overheat indication (image of a thermometer) shortly after plugging it in. In both cases the phone had been on for an extended period and had nearly depleted the battery before I shut it off just before connecting the charger to the nearest AC outlet.
The problem doesn't occur if the phone has been used for just a series of short periods before recharging--only after it has been on for several hours and the battery is nearly depleted when recharging begins.