Wifi Issue

BBBandit

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
On vacation and the condo complex has great wifi coverage. Antenna's everywhere. All out laptops, and Ipods are running on the wifi. When I try and search for network on my Dinc it says "unable to scan for networks".

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong.

I did read where the Dinc will not find 'N" so I checked. The complex is on "g".

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
On vacation and the condo complex has great wifi coverage. Antenna's everywhere. All out laptops, and Ipods are running on the wifi. When I try and search for network on my Dinc it says "unable to scan for networks".

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong.

I did read where the Dinc will not find 'N" so I checked. The complex is on "g".

Sorry to say but this is a common problem with the Dinc. most solutions found are rebooting the phone. Soft refresh, which is removing the battery for 30 seconds and reinserting... and if all else fails factory restore..

BBBandit

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
It appears that the factory reset has worked. Hope I dont have to do that again. Going to spend the next 2hrs resetting up my phone.

Thanks for the info.

BBBandit

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok now I am back home and my DINC will not connect to my network. For some reason it just keeps saying something about searching for IP or something like that. It shows all the networks availible but won't connect. I tried resetting the phone, resetting my router and still nothing.

I should note that my router is a "g". Not sure if that is the issue.

I really want to keep from doing a factory reset. That is alot of work to get my phone back so I would only do that very last.

Thanks for any help.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Has the phone remembered the network - Try long press on the network and forgeting the network and then reconnecting - also power cycle the router again.

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I've found if you use a widget to turn off WiFi for 30 sec then back on seems to work. I am using stock Rom and kernel.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

BBBandit

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the advise. I have tried all methods, but still nothing. I just keeps saying "obtaining IP Address", then it will disconnect then start all over again.

I am now rooted running the latest Redem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12