PLEASE HELP-SEARCHING FOR SOLUTION FOR 4 MONTHS- Dinc caller ID problems with 2.2

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
PLEASE HELP-STILL SAME PROBLEM AFTER 4 MONTHS- Dinc caller ID problems with 2.2

Hi, Everyone. Ever since 2.2 dropped to my Dinc, I have been having strange intermittent problems with caller ID. This morning my mom called at 10am, and all I saw was the number and no caller ID, then she called back at 1015 and I saw her caller ID.

I have moved all of my contacts to google, I have prefixes and dashes between all of my contacts. I have done 2 hard resets and most recently Verizon sent me a warranty phone. The caller ID worked for a while, then every other day, I would have problems with caller ID showing up with contacts that call me frequently. What I am saying is that caller ID will work with a contact for a few days, then fail with that same contact, who calls from the same phone #.

Just got off the phone with Tier 2 technical support at Verizon and they advised I uninstall my apps. to see if there is an app. that is conflicting.

I know that there are others out there with this problem.

Has anyone found a solution?

Is there a known app. that is interfering with caller ID?

For people using microsoft Synch in their vehicles, have you guys had any problems ( I have Ford Edge, which plays the phone call through the speaker system) ?

Again it is very intermittent, caller ID fails probably on 1 out of every 10 calls, but it is still frustrating when I can't see who is calling me, when their contact info. is already added into my phone.

Thanks for any help... are my expectations too high - should I just live with this ? I love the phone

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
PLEASE HELP-STILL SAME PROBLEM AFTER 4 MONTHS- Dinc caller ID problems with 2.2

Hi, Everyone. Ever since 2.2 dropped to my Dinc, I have been having strange intermittent problems with caller ID. This morning my mom called at 10am, and all I saw was the number and no caller ID, then she called back at 1015 and I saw her caller ID.

I have moved all of my contacts to google, I have prefixes and dashes between all of my contacts. I have done 2 hard resets and most recently Verizon sent me a warranty phone. The caller ID worked for a while, then every other day, I would have problems with caller ID showing up with contacts that call me frequently. What I am saying is that caller ID will work with a contact for a few days, then fail with that same contact, who calls from the same phone #.

Just got off the phone with Tier 2 technical support at Verizon and they advised I uninstall my apps. to see if there is an app. that is conflicting.

I know that there are others out there with this problem.

Has anyone found a solution?

Is there a known app. that is interfering with caller ID?

For people using microsoft Synch in their vehicles, have you guys had any problems ( I have Ford Edge, which plays the phone call through the speaker system) ?

Again it is very intermittent, caller ID fails probably on 1 out of every 10 calls, but it is still frustrating when I can't see who is calling me, when their contact info. is already added into my phone.

Thanks for any help... are my expectations too high - should I just live with this ? I love the phone

after you tried factory resetting?

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
after you tried factory resetting?

Yeah, I did 2-3 factory resets on my original phone, then sent it back and now I am using a warranty phone (which is fine), but the same problem is coming up with that phone as well.

What's crazy is that Verizon says "there is no known issue caller ID."

However, if you just google "caller ID not working on droid incredible," there are many posts on different forums and no one seems to have found a solution.

So, I uninstalled almost all of the apps I downloaded to see if it might be an app that is interfering.

Beyond that, if the problem is not the Microsoft Synch that is in my vehicle, I don't what to do...very frustrating.

Maybe they will trade out my phone for a different make. They hinted at that yesterday.

ramireh3

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
From what I can tell there is no fix to this right now. I agree with you though it is very frustrating. I don't know anyone that really remembers phone numbers by heart anymore. Maybe Gingerbread will help fix this? We can only hope.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is saying they have not heard of any issues with caller id, but there are posts on their own forum complaining of the same problem.

Hey verizon, what don't you listen and help us solved the problem already !!!!

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
There is no fix and I haven't tried another Rom long enough to notice.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
A app called "Call Informer" should do the trick! You can download it from the android marketplace.

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
According to one comment his doesn't work with call waiting. I know that's where my problem seems to be with he incoming call. I'll try it thank you!
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
A app called "Call Informer" should do the trick! You can download it from the android marketplace.

Thank you, I will try "call informer."

Amazing that Verizon doesn't think there is a problem here. I have the issue both with call waiting and without call waiting.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc