Internet Usage

hawgnuttz

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I have unlimited and my wife has Limited Usage on our Inc. ? #1 how do you tell how many MB are used on her phone. ? #2 how can she turn off APP that are running or should she just disconnect from the internet each time she leaves a web page so APP are not running up MB`s. thanks Mike

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The Android Power control widget has a switch to turn off synchronization. This will disable all the behind the scenes things like weather, facebook, twitter and e-mail updates that happen if the apps are configured.

Just out of curiosity, how much is the limited plan and for how much data?

Reactions: hawgnuttz

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It's probably the $15/month plan for 150 mb of data.

If you download the My Verizon app, it'll give you your account status, including number of talk minutes used that month, number of text messages sent, and amount of data used (in kb).

Keep an eye on apps that automatically sync. Also, download and update apps over wifi so you don't use up your data doing so.

Honestly, for a phone like the Dinc, the unlimited plan is very handy. I checked my data usage at the end of last month, and it was well over a gigabyte. It might be tricky keeping it under 150 mb, and if you go over you end up paying ridiculous overage charges (something like 25 cents per megabyte, probably rounded up since that's what they do for minutes).

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Ouch $15 for 150mb.

There is also a pre-loaded bookmark in the browser for My VZW that show's data usage and minutes used.

I think I downloaded 150mb in ads just playing Angry Birds! ;)

hawgnuttz

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
150 MB for $15...Just upgraded hers to unlimited for $5 more ...cant beat that.....
The Android Power control widget has a switch to turn off synchronization. This will disable all the behind the scenes things like weather, facebook, twitter and e-mail updates that happen if the apps are configured.

Just out of curiosity, how much is the limited plan and for how much data?

hawgnuttz

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Was told earlier if you go 1 mb over 150 you are automatically charged another 150 MB....= $15 more.....
It's probably the $15/month plan for 150 mb of data.

If you download the My Verizon app, it'll give you your account status, including number of talk minutes used that month, number of text messages sent, and amount of data used (in kb).

Keep an eye on apps that automatically sync. Also, download and update apps over wifi so you don't use up your data doing so.

Honestly, for a phone like the Dinc, the unlimited plan is very handy. I checked my data usage at the end of last month, and it was well over a gigabyte. It might be tricky keeping it under 150 mb, and if you go over you end up paying ridiculous overage charges (something like 25 cents per megabyte, probably rounded up since that's what they do for minutes).

kjm2010#AC

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
My son has the $15.00/150mb plan on his Incredible and last month he hit 150mb way before the end of the month & it wouldn't allow him to access 3G after he hit 150mb. I also had him disable 3G access just in case because I didn't want to be hit with a big bill.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
My son has the $15.00/150mb plan on his Incredible and last month he hit 150mb way before the end of the month & it wouldn't allow him to access 3G after he hit 150mb. I also had him disable 3G access just in case because I didn't want to be hit with a big bill.

Tell him to use wifi when possible. That'll stretch the life of those 150 mb by a lot. And disable account syncing, he can sync everything when he's on wifi.