Incredible vs. MT4G?

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I figured I'd post it here since this forum seems to be getting more traffic.

I am currently considering one of these phones. I realize they're offered by two different carriers, and that's OK. T-M's pricing plans are a bit more competitive at the moment...

One big advantage of MT4G for me is GSM, so I would be able to use the phone when I travel to Europe (after rooting), although I don't travel there too often, so it's not a huge deal.

Does Incredible have any advantages over MT4G?

Which one would you chose?

BTW, Droid X is just too big - I don't want anything this big, so I dismissed it already.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Theres a reason verizon is more expensive... It provides much better service. Unless you live in an urban area, t-mobiles service will probably be pretty spotty.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I never used the mt4g. I would guess most owners of either device have never used the other one.
I can tell you the Incredible is great and only has two issues: 1) bump charging; 2) Low Application Space error. Pretty much everyone has charging issues. Most people don't have a consistent space warning, but I think most of us have seen it at some point.
It's a fine device for what the specs state. I take good pictures with the 8mp camera (much better than my brothers iPhone 4, but that is probably mostly user error). HD video is nice. It responds very quickly, no lag. We expect it to get 2.3 and the new Sense. The 1ghz snapdragon is fast, but it's not dual core, which is the new technology.

Reactions: Pete7874

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Theres a reason verizon is more expensive... It provides much better service. Unless you live in an urban area, t-mobiles service will probably be pretty spotty.
I do live in an urban area, and that's why I mentioned that I have no problem with either network. I am more interested in the actual difference between the two phones.

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
1) bump charging;
Does the bump charging on relate to the stock battery or any battery? If I get the Incredible, I'll probably buy a 2150 mAh battery since I hear the stock battery life is a joke anyway.

The 1ghz snapdragon is fast, but it's not dual core, which is the new technology.

Looking at the specs, the MT4G has a second generation of this Qualcomm processor, but still single core. Some of its graphics parameters look better, but it's probably not noticeable in real life. One difference is that the MT4G cpu is manufactured in 45nm technology while Incredible's cpu - 65nm. Does that mean the MT4G is more energy efficient, among other things?

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Does the bump charging on relate to the stock battery or any battery? If I get the Incredible, I'll probably buy a 2150 mAh battery since I hear the stock battery life is a joke anyway.

Looking at the specs, the MT4G has a second generation of this Qualcomm processor, but still single core. Some of its graphics parameters look better, but it's probably not noticeable in real life. One difference is that the MT4G cpu is manufactured in 45nm technology while Incredible's cpu - 65nm. Does that mean the MT4G is more energy efficient, among other things?

Bump charging seems to be a software issue. It affects all batteries. I have a 2150 myself. I get about 10 - 12 hours of awake time before it hits 0% and shuts off.

I don't know what the nm tech really affects. I would guess it means that they could put more transistors on that silicon in the future production. I could be talking out of my _ _ _ on this one. I would not worry about it, though.

Go to the store and pick them up and see which you like better.

Reactions: Pete7874

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I did. From the looks perspective, I think the Incredible is nicer. The only thing that is still making me second-guess myself is the lack of GSM support.

Understandable if you spend a significant amount of time over seas. If I spent 90% of my time domestically, I would get the phone that made me happiest that 90% of the time. I guess it depends on how often you travel and which compromise would make you happiest.

Maybe you could find an older, cheap ATT android phone on the cheap somewhere for traveling purposes. Or maybe you could find a older European model on ebay or something. I don't have a recommendation though.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
when going overseas you can always get a prepaid when you are there or even a phone card. Verizon is a CDMA and their global devices will work out of the US because you have a SIM card that you will have Verizon activate when you travel outside the US. One thing to remember is the cost to use the device is very costly. It really is cheaper to go with a prepaid when you get to the country you will be in or a phone card.
There are good global devices on Verizon's site and I believe the Motrola Droid 2 is global. The Incredible isn't. I love my Incredible, but you have to weigh the pros and cons and really what specifics you want. I don't travel but if I did, I would just do as I suggested. It is all up to you and what your needs are.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1