Does Any Body know how to bypass the verizon wireless content filtering on droid inc

desk789

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I mean that my work put it on my line to prevent internet usage and restricted it to age 7+. If anybody has a solution that would be great.
Btw strangely opera mini web browser bypasses it, but it does not have flash

androide

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
@ ajkohnrox, I thought this content filtering was done when you were tethering to your Droid Inc., my bad.
I din't know there was soemthing like that! Maybe IT installed it?!

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
So your using wifi? Can't you just switch to 3g? Or is it blocked on 3g as well?

I would call IT.

desk789

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So your using wifi? Can't you just switch to 3g? Or is it blocked on 3g as well?

I would call IT.
It isn't blocked over WiFi. It's a block placed on 3g from Verizon wireless. They did not touch my phone, it just blocks many websites like Google etc... so is there any way to bypass it at all, wether it involves rooting or wtvr?
P.S. What is IT?

androide

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
@ ajkohnrox, first, you might want to talk to your IT department, if you don't get a solution then download PdaNet or EasyTether Lite. After that you can be free by an array of options to circumvent the content filtering.
Just make sure that if you violate any work policy me or anybody else here in this forum won't be held accountable.
:-;

Last edited:

johnhboyd

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
From the comments, it appears you are using a company phone. If so, and you are caught violating company policy about use of that phone, hope you have lots of bucks in the bank, cause they can and probably will fire you.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
From the comments, it appears you are using a company phone. If so, and you are caught violating company policy about use of that phone, hope you have lots of bucks in the bank, cause they can and probably will fire you.

This. If you don't want content filters, quite frankly, you should just get your own phone with your own plan. Your employer owns your phone, you're just borrowing it, so I'd advise against rooting it or trying to bypass any filters they put in place. This is a case when the person you got the phone from (your employer) has full right to decide what you can and cannot do with your phone.

Edit: And yes, you can probably get fired if you're caught tampering with your phone. I have no experience in corporate environments (I'm still in college and am a musician at any rate), but I do imagine that this holds true.

Last edited:

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I think you should get your own phone. Your employer probably has the phone set to keep you productive. Where I work they disable all apps and browser that isn't company content. I have my own phone to play. My company will fire you if they find you have tampered with their device. I just use my own and leave my company phone in my desk drawer since I can do everything on my own phone.