I would like to select the text from my Gmail stock Android client, and paste it to my note app. Problem is the text selection is not as good as the HTC mail client. Is there a way to do this from the Gmail Android stock client? I would hate to use two different email clients. Any ideas would help.
    01-31-2011 11:21 PM
    I'm not sure I follow. Are you asking if there is a second or alternative way to select text in the Gmail app, other than the Menu> Select Text method?
    02-01-2011 01:44 PM
    The menu> Select Text method, does not work in long emails. Anytime that I have to scroll down, it loses the selection, or gets half the message.
    02-01-2011 10:39 PM
    Ah, now I see.

No, that is the only way to select text in the gmail app.

Why not just use the HTC mail app for your gmail since you like its functionality? Your first post suggests that you are already using it -- doesn't using that and the Gmail app = using two clients?

Maybe lets start with more clarity on your setup and what you are trying to do.
    02-02-2011 09:12 AM
    I'm using the HTC mail client for my other email accounts. The issue there, in lies with the pictures on html emails, do not always come out. Since I have to use the Android stock one on my main Gmail email account. I did not see the point of adding that account to the HTC email client. I would just hate to get two notification for the same email account.
    02-03-2011 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD