Google Maps Issue

Pops57

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I recently updated Google Maps to 5.1.0. Now I keep getting a pop-up saying Google Maps has stopped unexpectedly with option to force close, even though I'm not in the app. Very annoying. Anyone else having this with the latest version?

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
No. I have had issues with previous updates, though. I would suggest uninstalling it. It will revert you to a previous version, then you can upgrade again.

freeseek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Google Maps force close

I started to have the same issue today (February 4th, 2011). It is very annoying as basically my phone (Samsung Vibrant with Froyo) freezes for a few seconds and then the popup shows up saying "Force close". I now upgraded to Google Maps 5.10 and will see if I keep getting the same problem.

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I've experienced this same issue on my EVO after updating to 5.2.1, but I can't uninstall and I have 3 "maps" apps on my app launcher. Each one launches the 3 core maps features: navagation, maps and places.

anyone have a fix for this?

Grettski

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I've experienced this same issue on my EVO after updating to 5.2.1, but I can't uninstall and I have 3 "maps" apps on my app launcher. Each one launches the 3 core maps features: navagation, maps and places.

anyone have a fix for this?

This happened to my wifes phone when I put the latest update on it. Heres what worked for me. Menu>settings>applications>all>maps>uninstall updates. It will have a pop up warning, hit ok. Then, start maps and let it locate you. Then go back to the market and it will show there is an update for maps. It was just a bad install. She hasn't had any issues since.

Hope it helps

Reactions: Lee_Bo