Battery is dead, plugged in to a USB car charger, turn on lost contacts and apps

mettec

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue or has any in-site on what might have happened.

I always plug my phone in at night to fully charge it up. This time my home charger came unplugged and battery was almost dead when I got to work so by days end my battery was completely dead. When I left work I plugged the phone into my USB car charger, let it charge until the yellow indicator light on phone was solid and not blinking, and as I turned it on the setup screen appeared, exited that part to home screen and find out that I lost all my phone contacts, all apps(icons still there but non work), and everything on my SD card. The only things that were still intact and working were the SMS texts, emails, and pictures on my phone's memory. This is the second time that this has happened and both times tried charging with my USB car charger after the battery was dead. Went to a VZW store and rep ordered me a new(refurbished)phone because we could not get the contacts to sync back to my phone. After I got home went on VZW website to see if my contacts were still there. I realized that all contacts were in the deleted file and not on their contact file. After un-deleting them from my verizon the sync worked and all my contacts are now back on my device.

I just purchased a normal car charger hoping that it wont happen again. Could this be a virus that corrupted my phone?

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about a virus. have you looked at the battery......if it is swollen it is defective. And your charger could very well be defective.
Take them into a Verizon store and have a tech check it out. You will know if your battery is swollen. The center of it will be bumped up. You will easily feel it.

mettec

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Well its not the battery being swollen, was put on a tester and it showed the correct voltage...etc I still think it was the charger.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I had sort of same happen...not the charging part, but out of the blue phone locked up. Pulled battery and phone came back on and everything was reset, all contacts were gone and none of the apps would work. Never did figure out what happened, so I just rooted it and went on with life. LOL

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I had a sort of this same issue....

Battery was near dead..... Phone started it's backup assistant... Battery died while it was backing up..... plugged phone in a charged for 4 hours.... Turned phone on.... all contacts gone along with half my apps....

Tried to use backup assistant to restore... but app was corrupt.... couldn't even activate from Verizons Backup site....

Had to hard reset.... Once I did that, it contacted backup assistant and everything downloaded to the phone as normal..... App Brain had a current log of all my app's.... Downloaded what I wanted...

Phone works great....

Lego

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084