Screen doesn't work after getting wet

rrr8400

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
My incredible accidentally got submerged in water the other day. I took out the battery, dried it, and have allowed it to dry (first in rice, then silica gel when I got some) for 3 days. I tried turning it on and it turns on, but the screen will not come on (except for the light up menu buttons at the bottom). It can receive calls, and the touch screen works - I was able to take a photo by remembering where the camera icon was, but the display does not work at all. Has anybody had a similar problem that resolved after additional drying time? Basically I'm wondering how long to wait before declaring it hopeless and take it to the verizon store for a cpo replacement.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Unless you have insurance on it, Verizon isn't going to replace it. Only insurance will cover water damage. It isn't covered under the manufacturer warranty. If you have the insurance, you have to contact them directly and pay the deductible and they will send you a replacement.
I sure hope you have the coverage.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just so you know for next time I do believe insurance with Ausion is like under $10 bucks.

I've even had to use them once when I had a feature phone. Highly recommended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac