Phone keeps restarting

dirtysouth12

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Wow thanks for the insight guys, It seems like many of you are having the same problems as me. I am on my 3rd phone currently (2nd refurb). I have tried taking the SD card out as well and it still happens. When I went to Verizon the lady also told me that she had never heard of it. My contract is up in March so I may switch phones.

EDIT: I am also unrooted

Last edited:

jpoutre

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I have been having this happen for a while. Every day? No but enough to be annoying. I have felt it was heat related, as most of the time, it's warm when it happens. I will go along fine but go play angry birds and after 5 or 8 minutes, bang, reboot loop. But if the phone is cooler, I can play for a long time. Surfing web, same thing. I think it's somehow related to heat. I have not gone in to have it replace, kind of feel by reading all this that it will just keep happening. Maybe I should try though.

Prakis

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I had the exact same thought process as you jpoutre. No solution in all my research though so decided to go the replacement route. Same symptoms as you described.

I think it's somehow heat related too but no idea how to cool it off enough to work consistently.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I have been having this happen for a while. Every day? No but enough to be annoying. I have felt it was heat related, as most of the time, it's warm when it happens. I will go along fine but go play angry birds and after 5 or 8 minutes, bang, reboot loop. But if the phone is cooler, I can play for a long time. Surfing web, same thing. I think it's somehow related to heat. I have not gone in to have it replace, kind of feel by reading all this that it will just keep happening. Maybe I should try though.

I had the exact same thought process as you jpoutre. No solution in all my research though so decided to go the replacement route. Same symptoms as you described.

I think it's somehow heat related too but no idea how to cool it off enough to work consistently.

Have either of you tried a new battery? If the battery is getting hot and freaking out that would explain it.

Reactions: SscoootzZ

Prakis

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Thought about that but the battery isn't getting excessively hot. I think it's some internal component getting hot. It's just the ambient temperature I was referring too (I thought jpoutre was too but may be wrong).

I've read about others with the reboot problem trying another battery but it didn't fix the problem.

marcw

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
What apps do you have installed?

My phone was rebooting due to "settings profile", it was confused on the gps location and causing it to reboot.

GPilot650

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd Dinc in less than 45 days for the same reason. Not rooted, 1750 battery, using LPP and/or Go Launcher.

Frustrating... enough to make me consider rooting, but I love the apps I have, and don't want to lose the ability to use them!

Hopefully we can come up with some way around this.
I don't want to buy another phone (too many accessories into the DInc., battery, cover, chargers etc.

Anyone know if the battery will work with any other HTC phone? Thunderbolt? I should get so lucky...

-g-

tzoller

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a DINC from day one release of phone. I am convinced its electrical in nature. Phone heats up and goes haywire. Happens if you use GPS or any other hog. It seems to have gotten worse so VZW is shipping a replacement today. Hope the replacement works.... Have changes batteries with no relief. I see this problem on all the blogs.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
HELP :(
i cant get mine past the robooting cycle.. itll try to start it self forever if i dont remove the battery.. any way to reset phone even if it wont turn on?

Did you flash a new ROM - If so boot into recovery and flash your nandroid backup.

If you are not rooted - Turn the phone off, then turn the phone on by holding down the Power and Vol Down button. This will take you to HBOOT. From HBOOT you can do a factory reset.

NOTE: This will erase all data from the phone. It will not hurt any data on the SD card.

JoeC44

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to be doing the same thing ever since I updated some market apps this morning. However, i've narrowed it down to the SD card. The phone will not boot up and stay on long enough when the SD is in for me to do anything to it. I don't want to lose stuff on that card, so how would I get the info off of it if I cant use it as a disk drive on my computer since it wont stay on long enough for me to do so? Help is appreciated thanks.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You need to use a micro SD adapter that will make it like a full size SD. Then you can put it in your computer and copy everything off, reformat the card as FAT32 and copy everything back.

Hope this helps.

PS, If your card did not come with an adapter, you can get one with a new SD card.

Ravenlily

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
My phone deleted all my apps and my play store, two days after that when I got home it started reseting itself...like it turned off the turned on but started over once it got to the 4G screen. I took out my battery and SD card for a while then tried again but it still didn't work, then I took the SD card out and put my battery back in and factory reset it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz