Keyboard Question

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
have you calibrated to your touch? that helps. But I am also not fond of the stock keyboard I tried Smart keyboard trial and I ended up buying the pro version. I like it a lot and there are 4 skins you can choose from. I also calibrate them to my touch though. You definitely want to make sure you calibrate your Incredible. Try the smart keyboard app. You will like it

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
The laggy keyboard seems to be the case using different keyboards on my phone. I turned off haptic feedback and saw some improvement.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Turn off haptic feedback.

Alternatively, download another keyboard like swype, smart keyboard, etc. Or you can root and flash the stock Android keyboard (the Gingerbread keyboard is fantastic).

md17

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded smart keyboard and it seems to work much better. I like how you can adjust the length of vibration with the haptic feedback. That helps with the lag. I was rooted but my girlfriend stopped talking to me for a while because I was playing with my phone so much so I decided to unroot. But I did use the android keyboard...best thing about smart keyboard is I have it here too

rbyham

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Coming over from touchpro 2 I am having major problems with this keyboard. Maybe it just takes time to go soft keyboard but I find typing on this frustrating. I much prefer the speech to text ability but that too is limited to quiet environments. In typing I just never seem to hit right keys. I have calibrated but will experiment with haptic shutoff... otherwise is there any hope for a guy like me? Maybe I jus need to stick with hard keyboard phones... otherwise the Dinc is a great phone...

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Using Ultra I get lag sometimes but I think its more of other apps running than the keyboard itself.
I do leave feedback on though...I probably should turn it off.

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My favorite keyboard is swiftkey, I have swype, slide it, better keyboard, smartkeyboard, and the gingerbread keyboard. The gingerbread keyboard is awesome very fast and accurate but I like swift key the best

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
My favorite keyboard is swiftkey, I have swype, slide it, better keyboard, smartkeyboard, and the gingerbread keyboard. The gingerbread keyboard is awesome very fast and accurate but I like swift key the best

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk
I Totally agree with you... I have had an OG droid, DX, and now the Incredible... I have tried every type and style of keyboard known on the market (i think), and SwiftKey is the absolute best keyboard there is. kinda scary, it's like it reads your mind!!!

Justified

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Like said above, SwiftKey is probably the best keyboard on the market. But you should give the Gingerbread keyboard a try, it's really responsive and overall amazing!

Look up "Keyboard from android 2.3" in the market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674