Had to rest phone. Bad SD card?

Droid509

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I receveived the "your SD card has unexpectedly been removed" message yesterday. For some reason the phone would not read the SD card anymore. Bad SD card? How does a SD card go bad? There are now moving parts. Took the phone to VZW (not very knowledgable) and they had me do a reset. Which of course wiped my phone. Is there someway to back up the phone and SD card on a regular basis? It takes forever to get the phone back the way it was and I lost all my pics on the card. An app perhaps?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The only way to make a complete backup is to be rooted and make a nandroid backup. You can find the directions for that in my sig.

If your not rooted you can use appbrian which will backup all your downloaded app's and I know I have read about other app's that will also backup your app's just not sure the names.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
SD cards are by no means permanent. Flash memory, which is what an SD card uses, is actually fairly volatile and doesn't last nearly as long as a hard drive or solid state drive. SD cards go bad, simple as that.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes if you have a Class 2 card it dis-mounts once in a while. Get a class 4 or better and you should be fine...

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I had to do a master reset and mine is fine now. I had been given a replacement and it was working fine. I had to go into the store about something and I personally think the tech botched it up. It started acting up as soon as I had left the store. But after the reset, all is fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692