Yahoo mail suddenly stopped working

alexsdogpound

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I've gone thru the FAQS and rechecked that all of my settings were correct. I keep getting an error message that states Authenication Failed, please verify username/password.

If anyone knows a quick fix I would be extremely grateful.
Thanks--Jeff

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I used to get this problem all the time till froyo rolled out. It had to do with being on WiFi vs. the 3G network. Have you noticed when it happens if your on WiFi or 3G?

Majordeluxe

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I have had my phone for a year and all of a sudden as of yesterday my Yahoo and ATT.Net emails are not pulling. My friend has an INC also and his Hotmail address is not working.

Majordeluxe

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
It seems some peoples are working fine. The girl that sits next to me has an INC as well and all is working just fine on hers. I of course compared everything and all accounts are set up the same. Something has to be up. I have been singing this phones praises for almost a year. Hell three people in my office bought an INC because of all my kudos about this phone. If no one has a fix it looks like I need to call big red.

Nubs#AC

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine is not working as well.

I accidentally erased all my E-mail accounts on my DINC yesterday when I trying to free up phone memory. (another issue) I was able to reset TWO of my E-mail accounts (WIndows Live and my Exchange Server), but no luck with my Yahoo and Centurylink... Still says failed, authentication etc..

I can log into these Accounts via the computer, but my phone will not allow it.

Majordeluxe

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Found the fix! It worked for me!

I had the identical problem with the Yahoo mail Login Failed error starting 2 days ago after working for a year. Found this answer in an HTC forum, and it worked for me.

Use server settings as outlined above, but set Security type to SSL

Port will auto enter the correct port

sohsilly

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Same situation happened to me. Yahoo stopped working on my Android and I didn't want to use the YahooMail app (I'm pretty picky with my apps)

I tried changing it to SSL security settings like the person previously suggested and now my Yahoo account t working again!

alexsdogpound

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Found the fix! It worked for me!

I had the identical problem with the Yahoo mail Login Failed error starting 2 days ago after working for a year. Found this answer in an HTC forum, and it worked for me.

Use server settings as outlined above, but set Security type to SSL

Port will auto enter the correct port

Thank you so very very much.