Phone has started going crazy

RonNYC

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Incredible since June 2010 and it's run OK up to a few weeks ago. First it froze. I had to pull the battery to restart. Then about 2 weeks later, while it was charging, by itself it dialed several people. One was a client and one was a friend of mine who ended up listening to a conversation I was having. Last night, when I tried to power it down, it almost froze; that is, the display sort of shook slightly and then it ran the calculator inputting 6s. Finally, I was able to put it to sleep.

What is going on?

RON

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine since April launch and nothing weird until a few weeks ago my phone rang, but no one was calling me. No caller id screen, nothing. Just sat on my home screen and rang several times. First I thought it was just a fluke, but it has happened several more times now. Anyone know what might be causing that?

Thx!

Kreichs

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Just recently my phone was going crazy as well. I lost some Footprints I had taken, and a bunch of my widgets disappeared and were not available to add again.
I assumed it was an app I installed or something... who knows.
I ended up doing a factory reset and all is good. It is amazing how easy it is to factory reset since everything is linked to google. I just had to backup my stuff.

lilnut13

May 4, 2010
Visit site
My phone has been doing wierd things also, whenever my dad calls it NEVER rings EVER!!! He's the only one that happens too, also I can be in the middle of sending an email or text or something and the phone freezes and reboots itself. The phone freezes all the time and I have to pull the battery in order to get it up and running again. I'm about sick of it I'm not eligible for an upgrade and I don't want to go in and have them give me another phone that has been referbished that may be worse then what I have now. I have done 2 factory resets sense I got the phone in April 2010. This is just started in the last few weeks......I'm getting frustrated, I'm ready to add a line to my contract to just be able to get a new phone...... :-/ I'm also getting a message in the last few days that says my memory is getting low and I 6.28 GB of internal phone storage and 576 MB available of phone memory, everything is on my 32 GB SD card, wtf? There is nothing even on my phone! More frustration!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
peanut there is nothing wrong with a refurbished phone. NOTHING !
You have the warranty from Verizon for this reason so take advantage of it.
Don't go paying for an extra line just to get a new phone. That is unnecessary. My Incredible is a refurbished and it is absolutely fine. I was let out of Blackberry and given the Incredible and I am very happy with it.
I have another friend who did an upgrade with a refurbished Incredible to save himself some money and he is pleased as well. Again, you will be fine with getting a refurbished. I have had brand new devices go haywire.......
the refurbs are tested and retested. You can confidently get one and not have a problem.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
peanut there is nothing wrong with a refurbished phone. NOTHING !
You have the warranty from Verizon for this reason so take advantage of it.
Don't go paying for an extra line just to get a new phone. That is unnecessary. My Incredible is a refurbished and it is absolutely fine. I was let out of Blackberry and given the Incredible and I am very happy with it.
I have another friend who did an upgrade with a refurbished Incredible to save himself some money and he is pleased as well. Again, you will be fine with getting a refurbished. I have had brand new devices go haywire.......
the refurbs are tested and retested. You can confidently get one and not have a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt