Some questions about my new Dinc

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to hold out for a Thunderbolt, but my LG Dare died, so I decided to pick up a Dinc. Even though it's about to be obsoleted by the TBolt, I'm loving it so far. It's just so much better than the Dare, it doesn't feel the slightest bit outdated. I still might get a TBolt if it comes out before my 14-day return window expires, but otherwise, I'll probably stick with the Dinc for one year.

I've managed to discover a lot of tricks with the phone so far, and I also discovered Angry Birds, which consumed me for about two hours last night :) There are a few things I haven't been able to figure out yet, though. I'm hoping you guys can help...

1. Is it possible to sync only GMail contacts that belong to a particular group? I have a group "Phone" that has all the contacts I'd like in my phone, but at the moment, contacts from all groups are getting sync'd to my phone.
  2. Is there any way to get Voice Dial and Search People to check the "File As" or "Nickname" fields? These fields seem to be getting ignored, which forces me to remember to say full names when that's not what I normally call the people.
  3. Is it normal that pretty much every application I've ever used in in the list of running apps in Settings/Applications/Manage Applications? If this is not normal, how do you close an app when you're done with it?
  4. How do you cancel or discard a text message once you start typing it? So far, every time I try to cancel a message, it ends up getting saved to Drafts, then I have to navigate to Drafts and delete it from there.
  5. Is there any way to make the default for a calendar entry "no reminder"?
  6. Is there any way to edit a note once you've saved it in the Notes widget?
  7. Is there any way to get Voice Dial and Navigation to work with a Bluetooth handset? Even when my Bluetooth is connected, the sound continues to come out of the handset.

That's all I got. Thanks in advance for your help!

doc 7

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
yes, in a word ROOT IT at least you'll have much more freedom to change things the way you like them...ok two words ....

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
ROOT, ROOT, ROOT... just an opinion :)

First of all... I have had alot of phones (OG droid, Palm PrePlus <-Really miss it, Galaxy, DX, and now the Hinc) and I honestly think the incredible is one of the best still.

I got my phone from best buy and bought there 10 buck a month insurance (friend works there and told me that if i root and brick just to literally break the phone beyond repair and they will replace it).... that being said... I originally only rooted because of setCPU, being able to set the 'screen off' to 245 and 'screen on' at normal operation - saves alot of battery... Now, I cant imaging not being rooted. the possibilities are endless, with the "smartass" kernal I am able to set my 'screen off" all the way down to 128Mhz and 'screen on' to 921Mhz (just below stock default) YES it does take time to learn how to do everything you may want to do, but everyone in here is very helpful and has answered all of my questions. now Flashing ROMs is kinda addicting other than the actual hardware, you can pretty much change your whole UI and OS to something else. i personally am fond of Cyanogen nightlys (seem stable so far)... i have tried alot of ROMs and kernals and I am happy where I am at... PLUS before I was rooted i had freeze ups and lag.

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'll definitely consider rooting the phone once I know if I'm keeping the phone. For now, I'm just trying to learn what can be done out of the box.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a jawbone icon bluetooth and my nav works perfect with it. I hear it in my ear. Might be a faulty bluetooth.

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a jawbone icon bluetooth and my nav works perfect with it. I hear it in my ear. Might be a faulty bluetooth.

Well, my bluetooth still works perfectly for other things, though, so I don't think it's malfunctioning. It might not be programmed to work properly with my phone, though.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I'll definitely consider rooting the phone once I know if I'm keeping the phone. For now, I'm just trying to learn what can be done out of the box.
Well... I would suggest at least getting ADWlauncher or LauncherPro... You can do alot of sweet themes and Icon customizations. can I suggest you read through this thread... it is all about INC apps and why or why not. gave me alot of great info :) Good luck bro

http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible/46529-inc-must-have-apps.html

reason to Root or not :) http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible/61839-any-unrooted-people.html

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995