3G Drops Constantly...Hardware Issue?

deltarider99

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi All -

I am having some pretty nasty 3G issues with my Incredible. Started on Sunday, and the 3G will constantly drop. It will work for a minute and then just disappear. I've tried multiple things to remedy (reboot, airplane mode toggle on/off and even *228 to update the towers), but nothing seems to fix it.

Am I looking at a hardware issue? Or would a factory reset take care of this? I am on the stock ROM w/2.2. Thanks in advance!

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have this issue after I moved to a new office. I've been told it's because of how many people at my location use the 3G connection. It's never been due to a low signal though, I have 5/5 bars and it'll drop to 1X. I've also noticed that it ONLY happens when I'm at this certain location.

Does this happen all the time or when you're only at a particular place?

Last edited:

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi All -

I am having some pretty nasty 3G issues with my Incredible. Started on Sunday, and the 3G will constantly drop. It will work for a minute and then just disappear. I've tried multiple things to remedy (reboot, airplane mode toggle on/off and even *228 to update the towers), but nothing seems to fix it.

Am I looking at a hardware issue? Or would a factory reset take care of this? I am on the stock ROM w/2.2. Thanks in advance!

Could be a software issue, or maybe you live in an area with low signal.

You can root and flash a new radio to see if that helps.

lwirtjes

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I and another Dinc owner here at work are having the same issue.
He called and opened a verizon ticket, but I did not because I don't like the did you do this, have you tried that crap they give you.

I was able to get mind back by toggle the network off\on.

deltarider99

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: I finally gave up and did a factory reset. Seems to have taken care of the issue. 3G has been up and hasn't gone away yet. Thanks for all the feedback, folks!