3G Drops Constantly...Hardware Issue?

deltarider99

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi All -

I am having some pretty nasty 3G issues with my Incredible. Started on Sunday, and the 3G will constantly drop. It will work for a minute and then just disappear. I've tried multiple things to remedy (reboot, airplane mode toggle on/off and even *228 to update the towers), but nothing seems to fix it.

Am I looking at a hardware issue? Or would a factory reset take care of this? I am on the stock ROM w/2.2. Thanks in advance!

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have this issue after I moved to a new office. I've been told it's because of how many people at my location use the 3G connection. It's never been due to a low signal though, I have 5/5 bars and it'll drop to 1X. I've also noticed that it ONLY happens when I'm at this certain location.

Does this happen all the time or when you're only at a particular place?

Last edited:

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi All -

I am having some pretty nasty 3G issues with my Incredible. Started on Sunday, and the 3G will constantly drop. It will work for a minute and then just disappear. I've tried multiple things to remedy (reboot, airplane mode toggle on/off and even *228 to update the towers), but nothing seems to fix it.

Am I looking at a hardware issue? Or would a factory reset take care of this? I am on the stock ROM w/2.2. Thanks in advance!

Could be a software issue, or maybe you live in an area with low signal.

You can root and flash a new radio to see if that helps.

lwirtjes

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I and another Dinc owner here at work are having the same issue.
He called and opened a verizon ticket, but I did not because I don't like the did you do this, have you tried that crap they give you.

I was able to get mind back by toggle the network off\on.

deltarider99

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: I finally gave up and did a factory reset. Seems to have taken care of the issue. 3G has been up and hasn't gone away yet. Thanks for all the feedback, folks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs