Do I need a new Bluetooth headset?

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up a new Dinc a few days ago. I already had a Plantronics Discovery 975 headset, which I like, so I've been trying to use it with the phone. It pairs fine and does work, but I've been having some problems that make it not very usable.

Problem 1: The "Bluetooth in-call volume" always goes to minimum between calls, and I can't hear the voice prompts. It doesn't matter whether I raise the volume using the Bluetooth or the handset, it always goes back to minimum on the next call.

Problem 2: The standard Navigation app (Google Maps Navigation for mobile) doesn't work with the Bluetooth at all (even if I make sure it's connected before starting of the Navigation app). I have to speak into the handset and all sound comes out through the phone's speaker. I can't find any setting to change this.

Problem 3: The Voice Dialer also doesn't work through the Bluetooth. The only way I can use the Voice Dialer is to hold the main button on my Bluetooth for 3 seconds. If I activate it from the phone, I have to speak into the handset.

Does this mean my Discovery is just not compatible with the phone or is there something I can do with settings to get it to work properly? I haven't rooted the phone yet, so it would have to be normal settings for now. (I'm waiting to root because I may return this phone and get a Thunderbolt if it arrives in the next week or so.)

If I do need a new Bluetooth, can you recommend one that works well with a Dinc?

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You might. I'd try finding someone else with a dinc and try using your headset with theirs. If you're having the same issues then your headset probably isn't compatible.

I have a couple bluetooth headsets and the only issue I have with them is the well known bluetooth connection drop issue that came with the Android 2.2 update.

Reactions: danthman

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
You might. I'd try finding someone else with a dinc and try using your headset with theirs. If you're having the same issues then your headset probably isn't compatible.

I have a couple bluetooth headsets and the only issue I have with them is the well known bluetooth connection drop issue that came with the Android 2.2 update.

Would you happen to know the brand/model of the headsets you have that do work?

How often does the connection drop for you? I haven't had that happen yet.

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Would you happen to know the brand/model of the headsets you have that do work?

How often does the connection drop for you? I haven't had that happen yet.

I have a plantronics (I think that's the name) one I purchased about three years ago on the cheap. My other one is built into my nissan.

The connection is almost guaranteed to drop ever 7-10 minutes (sometimes sooner) when I use it. I never had the issue on android 2.1 and there have been a few issues about it raised in the google bug forum.

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a plantronics (I think that's the name) one I purchased about three years ago on the cheap. My other one is built into my nissan.

Hmm, well if your Plantronics is 3 yrs old, I don't see why mine shouldn't work. According to CNET, the model I have came out 08/20/2009, so it's newer than yours. And it was fairly expensive too (over $100 at the time, I think).

The connection is almost guaranteed to drop ever 7-10 minutes (sometimes sooner) when I use it. I never had the issue on android 2.1 and there have been a few issues about it raised in the google bug forum.

Yikes...I may not have had a conversation that long on Bluetooth yet. Is it just that the Bluetooth becomes disconnected, or does the whole call drop?

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, well if your Plantronics is 3 yrs old, I don't see why mine shouldn't work. According to CNET, the model I have came out 08/20/2009, so it's newer than yours. And it was fairly expensive too (over $100 at the time, I think).

Yikes...I may not have had a conversation that long on Bluetooth yet. Is it just that the Bluetooth becomes disconnected, or does the whole call drop?

Yeah, I didn't spend more than $15 on my plantronics headset.

Yeah, the connection dropping is extremely annoying. It just disconnects for about 15-20 sec and then re-connects. It doesn't drop the call but it's really annoying to lose out on 15-20 sec of a conversation.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I use jawbone bluetooths I have the icon and have never had an issue with it. I am pleased and highly recommend jawbone.

bunjy

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I also have the Jawbone Icon and I would recommend it as well. I like that you can program it to do Bluetooth Audio.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs