Screen moves to the right!

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
The screen for what ever reason keeps moving to the right. This happens for no reason that I could think of. Every time I try to swipe it back to the center, it just wants to move back again, on its own. Is the screen faulty?

ruger141

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Ya mine does the same thing when I plug it in. Its my first day with the phone, but I thought I read somewhere else that these phones act funny when they are plugged in.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ya mine does the same thing when I plug it in. Its my first day with the phone, but I thought I read somewhere else that these phones act funny when they are plugged in.

My doesnt act "funny" when pluged in . Where did you read that? Describe what you mean by "funny" ;)

as far as the screen moving,, as bassace said , yup sounds like optical trackpad needs cleaning with a clean lint free cloth

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Clean the optical trackpad.

This is exactly what the culprit is. The optical trackpad on the dinc is extremely annoying. I've searched forever for a way to turn it off but I found a better solution:

1. I took a piece of scotch tape and taped it over the optical trackpad.
2. I took a precision blade and cut the tape so that it only covered the circular trackpad.
3. That's it! It no longer moves on its own and if I need to use it the tape still allows enough light through to pick up on movement. At first I was concerned about the tape falling off but it's been on there since last July without any problems.

Note: Make sure to use the "cloudy" tape instead of the crystal clear kind.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me last year. No matter how many times I cleaned the optical trackpad, the screen wouldn't stop jumping around. My Dinc was rooted and I flashed a custom ROM. But even after unrooting and reverting back to the stock ROM, the problem still persisted. In the end, Verizon sent me a refurb. (Which sucked because I had to give up my AMOLED screen for a ****ty LCD screen.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer