New Amazon App Store->Ur Opinions wanted!!!

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
So I've had it since day one, got my AB Rio and have been liking it ever since. It feels cleaner than the market and the free app every day has had me downloading apps I would have never thought to buy. The only issue I have seen so far is when I got the free version of Soundhound (I think that's what it's called) app brain (yes I have three app stores) didn't recognize it as being the full version.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Todays free APP is PicSayPro... I don't care much for amazons app store(read the fine print) but I do like getting a decent free app about once a week. :)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded it today. I like how there is a simulator. I don't buy a lot of apps. I do like the free app daily if you want that application .
I think competition is good. Maybe android market will make some changes. I don't like how Google has refunds only in first 15 minutes. No one can make a judgement on how well it will work
I also think when a user is reviewing an app the device they use should be mentioned in their review. I read the reviews. Helps with making a choice whether free or paid

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
That's a great app. A friend clued me into it and sent me a download. I love that app

sent from my Incredible using tapatalk

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I've had it since the start (to get Angry Birds RIO) and have liked it, especially the free paid app a day. My only issue so far is with my phone in order to install or update Angry Birds, my SD card has to be unmounted. Since the Amazone appstore downloads the apps to the SD card, I have to transfer them to the internal memory then use Astro to install them.

Again, I have only had this happen with Angry Birds (and its variants). Everything else so far has been great.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I've had it since the start (to get Angry Birds RIO) and have liked it, especially the free paid app a day. My only issue so far is with my phone in order to install or update Angry Birds, my SD card has to be unmounted. Since the Amazone appstore downloads the apps to the SD card, I have to transfer them to the internal memory then use Astro to install them.

Again, I have only had this happen with Angry Birds (and its variants). Everything else so far has been great.
uh... ive never had to do that to install an app from amazon...

is your phone Rooted?

Reactions: silentbobdrummer

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
uh... ive never had to do that to install an app from amazon...

is your phone Rooted?

No, my phone isn't rooted. Stock with Froyo.

For some reason it is only with Angry Birds. Even before the Amazon appstore, I had to unmount the SD card in order to install updates for Angry Birds from the Market. Every other apps installs and updates fine.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
No, my phone isn't rooted. Stock with Froyo.

For some reason it is only with Angry Birds. Even before the Amazon appstore, I had to unmount the SD card in order to install updates for Angry Birds from the Market. Every other apps installs and updates fine.
Try this... a buddy with an evo had the same problems too...

Connect phone to your PC to open the SD card. cut the android_secure folder and paste it to your PC (in case you need to put it back). Your phone will recreate this folder. Disconnect from the PC and re-downloaded Angry Birds Rio. It should successfully install

This also resolved the issues he was having with numerous Market apps not installing unless he unmounted the SD card, which was a pain every time.

Apparently that android_secure folder can get corrupt and cause problems....

Hope this works for you!!!

Reactions: silentbobdrummer

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
PEW PEW is today's free app... Im not a gamer but had to get this one... it's old school, fast pace, easy on the battery, and FUN :)

nate1dawgg

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I definitely am not a fan of it. As I was scrolling through the apps, I accidentally clicked the buy now button and it immediately started downloading with no way of canceling it and almost immediately received an email stating my purchase, before it was even done downloading. I've sent a complaint to customer service explaining my situation, but I'm not expecting any reimbursement. I wont be going through this app store anymore.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I definitely am not a fan of it. As I was scrolling through the apps, I accidentally clicked the buy now button and it immediately started downloading with no way of canceling it and almost immediately received an email stating my purchase, before it was even done downloading. I've sent a complaint to customer service explaining my situation, but I'm not expecting any reimbursement. I wont be going through this app store anymore.
I feel for you man... for real! I knew that peeps would either love or hate this new AppStore... I only use it for the free apps *(and only if they are worthy of DLing) ;) Sorry you got ripped off...

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site

That same thing happened to me but luckily it was with the free app for the day. So I didn't get charged but was surprised there wasn't a conformation popup.

nate1dawgg

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Well I got a response from customer service this morning, and he stated that he was initiating a refund for the app. 5 minutes later I received a confirmation email stating that I indeed had been refunded. He even went on to say that he doesn't agree with no option other than the one-click purchase and stated that the appstore team was aware of lack of options. I'll admit I'm very surprised by all of this, but pleased none the less. I suppose I can still accept the Amazon appstore, but I won't be anything but the free apps until they give an option to not have the one-click.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Well I got a response from customer service this morning, and he stated that he was initiating a refund for the app. 5 minutes later I received a confirmation email stating that I indeed had been refunded. He even went on to say that he doesn't agree with no option other than the one-click purchase and stated that the appstore team was aware of lack of options. I'll admit I'm very surprised by all of this, but pleased none the less. I suppose I can still accept the Amazon appstore, but I won't be anything but the free apps until they give an option to not have the one-click.

I am very glad to hear that everything worked out for you for the positive!

-Via Tapatalk on my hINCm7

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
lol i snagged FW too.Glad can toggle to weatherbug with it .
Weatherbug works good for me

sent using TaPaTaLk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon