HELP!!! rom manager backup issue

speedfrk

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I am having some issues. Rooted my phone again today and decided to install a rom, specifically cyanogenmod 7.2RC. Its awesome, however, I was an idiot and am finding out after the fact that if you dont have enough room on your sd card your backup image of your stock rom will not be complete. You would think that they could work in a pop up to stop the backup/flash process if you dont have the room for it. But anyways, the rom I installed is working so my phone is not completely lost and I deleted a bunch of stuff to free up enough room on my measly 2 GB card to make a backup of the current cyanogen rom that is installed now. The current rom backup with almost nothing on it is 245 MB and my stock rom backup is only 26 MB. So now you see my problem. I think, in fact I know that it is incomplete and I cannot restore my stock rooted rom anymore. Someone please tell me what to do so that If i ever want to unroot my phone for warranty issues I can. Is there a released factory rom that I can reflash. I dont really care at this point if I lose my data because I have a mybackuppro backup image from before I rooted so I can restore from that. But I want the comfort of being able to reflash and unroot my phone if I want to. I am scared to try and use the 26MB file to restore it, just to see. Any feedback is welcome. I feel idiotic for not having checked my free storage on the card before starting. But now I am here, and in deep **** so I keep reading.

Thank you in advance.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
My advice would to go and buy a 4gb (or larger) card somewhere today, use your computer to copy and paste everything from the 2 gb card to the 4 gb card. after that is done, make a nandroid backup of your sweet new ROM on your new sd card, then try and see if the 26mb backup will work (worst case: it won't and you'll do a battery pull, boot into manual, and load your newest backup you made:) ). about finding a stock ROM for sense, here you go :) PLEASE READ ALL [ROM]*07/27 Leaked OTA* Stock 2.2 with Sense [SOME BUGS!!] - xda-developers.

BTW... you can always just google for pretty much any ROM you need.

LOL... I have been where your sitting right now... youll be fine. your in the right place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox