All My Text messages gone, all of a sudden?

CatB

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I have kept a bunch of text threads on my Incredible so I can have quick access to people I text a lot. All of a sudden, after I replied to someone's text, I looked and all my threads are gone, except for the 2 newest ones from today.

Does anyone know why this might happen and how I can get them back????

Thanks!
Cat

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like warp field collapse ...jk
The memory probably reset because you overloaded its limit. Did you have a S-ton of messages saved ?

CatB

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like warp field collapse ...jk
The memory probably reset because you overloaded its limit. Did you have a S-ton of messages saved ?

I had quite a few saved, but we are certainly not talking "teenage girl texting all her friends" volume!!!!!

No way to get these back?

It really does this if you have too many saved????

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have roughly 11,000 messages saved on phone, only erasing threads that are useless like old ESPN texts or Weather texts. I hope my phone doesn't do that (knocks on wood, knock knock). I have noticed some lag in entering and exiting the text menu. So I am sure it is bogged down.

CatB

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I have roughly 11,000 messages saved on phone, only erasing threads that are useless like old ESPN texts or Weather texts. I hope my phone doesn't do that (knocks on wood, knock knock). I have noticed some lag in entering and exiting the text menu. So I am sure it is bogged down.

rest assured, I was no where CLOSE to that amount, and now they are all gone!!!!! I can't believe that just happened, with no way to get them back! :'(

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Man, I am so sorry to hear that. I know a lot of people keep threads in their phones as a way to read past conversations or sentimental value. Your reasons are very similar to mine also. I think a lot of people are backing up their messages for that exact reason.

CatB

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Man, I am so sorry to hear that. I know a lot of people keep threads in their phones as a way to read past conversations or sentimental value. Your reasons are very similar to mine also. I think a lot of people are backing up their messages for that exact reason.

Ok, can we all say this together: DUH!!!!!!!! I completely forgot that I have My BackUp Pro and always backup everything to my SD card.:-[

Course, I had not done a backup for almost 2 weeks, but still....managed to get back some of my olders text messages, which is what I was looking for.

One thing I did not know, and which was pretty disappointing, I have to say, is that when you go to restore your SMS data from MyBackup Pro, it says that some data currently on the device might be deleted and sure enough, the few new text messages I had on there were gone! That seems ridiculous! What is the point of getting back old stuff when you have to lose new stuff?????

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, can we all say this together: DUH!!!!!!!! I completely forgot that I have My BackUp Pro and always backup everything to my SD card.:-[

Course, I had not done a backup for almost 2 weeks, but still....managed to get back some of my olders text messages, which is what I was looking for.

One thing I did not know, and which was pretty disappointing, I have to say, is that when you go to restore your SMS data from MyBackup Pro, it says that some data currently on the device might be deleted and sure enough, the few new text messages I had on there were gone! That seems ridiculous! What is the point of getting back old stuff when you have to lose new stuff?????
Happens to all of us at some point... I always forget obvious stuff ;)

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
There is a size limit for SMS/MMS messages and the phone will purge these messages if it needs to in order to free up some memory, if it doesn't, your phone will lock up.

Did you have quite a bit of picture texts? These take up a lot of room.

rogcontact

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Append SMS option in MyBackup Pro

You can use the "Append SMS" option in MyBackup Pro to not delete the existing SMS messages on y our phone when you restore the old ones from the backup.

CatB

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
You can use the "Append SMS" option in MyBackup Pro to not delete the existing SMS messages on y our phone when you restore the old ones from the backup.

Awesome! I will check off that option...did not even know it was available.

Thanks for the tip!

CatB

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

Ok, would like to set with this option but I can't find it!

Can you guide me to where this is located?

Thanks!

maritzaa79

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: All My Text messages gone, all of a sudden????

this just happened to me :mad: and i dont have any restrictions on my messages in regards to the amount, or it's set really high so they delete as they go. It even deleted my locked messages. :mad:

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: All My Text messages gone, all of a sudden????

I don't mean to come off sounding like a jerk, but how the F does someone have 11,000 messages on their phone?

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't mean to come off sounding like a jerk, but how the F does someone have 11,000 messages on their phone?

Well, I am a sentimental fool. I have a lot of friends in my contact list that I text and keep in my phone. Every so often I go back and read them. The ones that make no sense to keep, i erase. Anyway, I have since erased all those texts because of the horrible lag when entering and exiting the text menu. And it's happening again, so I will erase the 8,000 or so in my phone now. :)

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
8,000 texts?! Dammmmmm I don't think I've sent and received 8,000 total text's in the 18 years I've owned a cell phone!

I must be a loser ;) LOL

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad