how to move music/pictures to sd card

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Please help. I have music and pictures on my phone and my storage is almost full and I have nothing saved on my SD card .... how the heck do I put these things on my card .... I can't figure this thing out

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Download a file manager from the market or plug the phone into your computer as a disk drive.

Create a folder on your SD card called Music.

Copy the music on your internal storage to the Music folder on your SD card.

Do the same thing for pictures. Create a Pictures folder on your SD card and copy and paste.

Once copied you can delete them off the internal storage, it’s that easy.

The Gallery and Music app will find the new folders.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
It's easy to do.
Just have your device on your computer mounted as a storage device.
two letters will come up, one for your phone and one for the sd card.

Most media will be in the DCM folder on the phone.
Just copy it from there onto a folder on your card.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Download a file manager from the market or plug the phone into your computer as a disk drive.

Create a folder on your SD card called Music.

Copy the music on your internal storage to the Music folder on your SD card.

Do the same thing for pictures. Create a Pictures folder on your SD card and copy and paste.

Once copied you can delete them off the internal storage, it?s that easy.

The Gallery and Music app will find the new folders.

I've tried the various file management apps and I also find it easiest to simply mount your device to your PC and locate the files you want to move and basically drag and drop. Make sure under picture and video settings that your default to is save to the SD card.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
There is the play store icon. Launch that and type file manager. A bunch will come up.
ezevy5yn.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dumiko

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
i done transfer all my picture in gallery into sd card..but it save back to my internal memory when i taking new pictures..i have to manually move the new pictures to the folder in sd card everything i take new pictures. are there anyway that i can set the new pictures directly save into my sd card folder???

Crazed_Persona

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Remove an app or 2 and download a file manager. Your pictures are located in /storage/sdcard0/DCIM or /storage/sdcard1/DCIM. You need to transfer them to /External_SD/DCIM or /mnt/External_SD/DCIM. Not trying to hijack a thread but no one really explained where the files were located. Need to add that to help the ones like me that had to spend 20 mins and 2 restarts trying to figure out where things were.

RJMullins

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying to change the default directories on my Note 10.1, but the only one I can change is "Set Home Directory" which I have changed to /storage/extSdCard (I assume that the sdcard0 is internal storage and extSdCard is the external card). I cannot change the others (e.g. Set music directory) and these are all set to /storage/sdcard0/xxxxx.

I have run out of space three times now (16GB Note 10.1) and need to move music, pictures, etc... manually to the external SD Card or delete apps.

Any help would be great, thanks!

- Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007