Problem syncing contact pictures to ford sync

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been able to sync their contact pictures to a Ford Sync? I just spoke with an online Ford tech, and he told me that they know of no phones that are capable of syncing pictures via bluetooth. He also said that phone companies are trying to catch up in technology to Ford. I laughed so hard I think I scared my coworkers

mahroni

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
i have a 2011 edge. the contact pics sync up automatically with the contact info. the only thing i noticed is that it didnt sync any contact pics that came from facebook.

all of my contacts that had pics linked to them that i took with my cell phone camera came over. all contacts that only have a facebook pic did not sync...

the ford guy is right. the tech in the ford is waiting for everyone to catch up. both htc and verizon purposly limit the functionality of the phone. why do we have such a ****ty implementation of bluetooth in the incredible???

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
i have a 2011 edge. the contact pics sync up automatically with the contact info. the only thing i noticed is that it didnt sync any contact pics that came from facebook.

all of my contacts that had pics linked to them that i took with my cell phone camera came over. all contacts that only have a facebook pic did not sync...

the ford guy is right. the tech in the ford is waiting for everyone to catch up. both htc and verizon purposly limit the functionality of the phone. why do we have such a ****ty implementation of bluetooth in the incredible???

Do you have you contacts saved as google contacts or phone contacts? Does it matter?

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've got a new 2013 Ford Explorer with the Sync My Touch. The contacts from my HTC EVO LTE sync up, but I also can't seem to get the pictures associated with my contacts to appear in Ford Sync. Has anyone gotten this to work?

Thanks.

rz22g

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I found in 2014 Escape Titanium that as another user mentioned, if the contact is linked to Facebook the photo will not sync. You can go in and unlink the Facebook contact from the phone contact, add a picture to the phone contact, and then relink the Facebook and phone contact. The photo will now sync.

Posted via Android Central App