When will Incredible get GB

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Never feels the most likely, honestly. With the DInc at EOL now, I just don't know if Verizon will put the hours into testing and supporting a GB update push unless it's already in the pipe.

Thank God for CyanogenMod.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree on CM7 at least got gb even if its not official.
I would like to see gb offically on dinc but who knows now its been removed from vzw website

sent using TaPaTaLk

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
So a client, who has a cousin, who met a guy who's ex-girlfriend once dated a senior tester at Verizon told me June 30th. ;)

Let the games begin!

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Never feels the most likely, honestly. With the DInc at EOL now, I just don't know if Verizon will put the hours into testing and supporting a GB update push unless it's already in the pipe.

Thank God for CyanogenMod.

Agreed.

Warm Z 2.2 is also pretty sweet with Sense 2.0

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't think GB is completely DOA for the DInc. There are security patches in GB and VZW has way too many DInc's in the field to just abandon them. Time will tell however.

jsmuli2

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
my 2-cents

I have a feeling that the Incredible is going to get Gingerbread and then that's it. The way I see it, is that DInc was Verizon's "Nexus1" - almost literally. That means for 1.25 years it gets android support and that's it?

No, chances are the Incredible/Evo/Nexus1 are going to be the example of the minimum spec'd handsets for gingerbread. They are still powerful phones (running almost the exact same hardware).

If anything, the Milestone/Droid1/D-Eris people will not get official gingerbread.