How to tell which screen I have?

kmully

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I know the Incredible was built with two different screens: AMOLED and SLCD.

How do I know which one I have? Was AMOLED first and then there was a switch to SLCD? Which is better/more valuable in the marketplace?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The SLCD's started rolling out in late fall of 2010, so if you got it recently it's SLCD. Also check the hardware version v1 and v2 are AMOLED v3 is SLCD

kmully

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The SLCD's started rolling out in late fall of 2010, so if you got it recently it's SLCD. Also check the hardware version v1 and v2 are AMOLED v3 is SLCD

Okay, I got mine at launch in April 2010, so AMOLED. Which is more desirable in the marketplace?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Some would say AMOLED, but it all boils down to the condition of the device itself. Scratched, dents, wear and tear, accessories included; that sort of thing. Check e-bay and the market forum here as well to get a gauge on pricing.

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
i think it depends who your selling it too, no one notices the difference between SLCD and AMOLED unless your looking for it. SLCD has alot sharper blacks and text, while AMOLED has really vibrant colors. The avg person wouldnt be able to tell the two apart

garrett4g

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
THE EASIEST WAY to tell what screen you have is to get out a pair of POLARIZED sunglasses. The SCLD screen is polarized so when you turn the screen 90 degrees it becomes 100% black. The AMOLD (which I have) is not polarized.

Check it out... pretty trippy....

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Quick question while sort of on topic....

Who would have version 1 hardware? I got mine on pre order, and was in first group to get them, but I have hardware version 2...

ngc457

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
the way you find out if it is amoled or slcd is to go to settings, about phone and hardware information. Hardware 002 is amoled and hardware 003 is slcd. Mine is slcd.

Zahhak.ts

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Look under the battery of the device.
Below the bluetooth and FC icon you will see "ADR6300VW."
If you see a "3" at the end (ADR6300VW3) then it is SLCD.
If you do not, then it is AMOLED.

rdearth53

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Go to the settings or another black page, and if you have the amoled your black levels will be outstanding, while if it is slcd you will be able to tell they are not perfect.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I have been wondering how to find out what I have. Looks like with hardware version being 0002, I have AMOLED. Sweet! AMOLED sounds cool! Haha

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site

I have been wondering how to find out what I have. Looks like with hardware version being 0002, I have AMOLED. Sweet! AMOLED sounds cool! Haha

Not bring a dead thread back to life but Stig, I'm gonna have to disagree with you. Mine says v3 and I'm 100% sure I've got AMOLED. I have a pre-order-launch-day Inc and I've had it ever since so mine is defiantly AMOLED.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Not bring a dead thread back to life but Stig, I'm gonna have to disagree with you. Mine says v3 and I'm 100% sure I've got AMOLED. I have a pre-order-launch-day Inc and I've had it ever since so mine is defiantly AMOLED.

I'm 100% sure v3 is definitely SLCD. If you got it pre order then you definitely have AMOLED as the SLCD screen was not used until September of 2010 to help ease the supply crunch that existed from day 1. I know mine was ordered first week and it is version 2 (although the MIUI rom does not give you this info, but in the phone settings on the stock rom it says 2). I'm not saying you're wrong Wanda, but that is a mistake somewhere. Try checking the hardware version with another rom and see if it says the same.

Also, if you have an SLCD and an AMOLED side by side, you can ABSOLUTELY tell the difference. The SLCD looks dull and faded compared to the AMOLED. It's still a good screen, but the colors truly stand out on the AMOLED.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm not saying you're wrong Wanda, but that is a mistake somewhere. Try checking the hardware version with another rom and see if it says the same.

Also, if you have an SLCD and an AMOLED side by side, you can ABSOLUTELY tell the difference. The SLCD looks dull and faded compared to the AMOLED. It's still a good screen, but the colors truly stand out on the AMOLED.

Yeah after I posted I had a thought that maybe it was just the ROM I'm using.

Isn't a big deal to me as I'm sure mine is AMOLED but it is worth noting that a custom ROM could affect what your phone is telling you...unless flashing Business Gingersense has somehow changed my screen to SLCD!!;)

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah after I posted I had a thought that maybe it was just the ROM I'm using.

Isn't a big deal to me as I'm sure mine is AMOLED but it is worth noting that a custom ROM could affect what your phone is telling you...unless flashing Business Gingersense has somehow changed my screen to SLCD!!;)

Definitely the Rom. I tried the Gingerbread Rooted OTA ROM, and it made my hardware version say 003, but I know it was 002 with stock froyo and Virtuous. It is most definitely an AMOLED screen. So now after the Gingerbread update, it might as well be impossible to tell unless you have to two side by side.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007