Moving to TBolt from the DInc

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am probably going to do a forums write-up about the transition and post it up tomorrow with plenty of pics and whatnot. If any DInc owners are still torn over getting the Thunderbolt for LTE or waiting for the DInc 2, post questions in response to this and I will try my best to answer them. Or you can wait until the impressions post. It's all good.

Note: I am not in an LTE area so I can't give impressions with regards to that. On the flip side, I will be able to figure out what the battery life is like when used as a 3G-only phone.

And if for anyone not following me on teh Twitterz, the upgrade was prompted because my mother wanted a new phone. She was fine using my Droid Incredible so she let me use her upgrade to get the TBolt.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
How responsive is it? Though the DInc is fast, I still have small slow-downs occasionally. I'd imagine that people who don't flash ROMs on a weekly basis, therefore clearing up any caches, would experience this even more than I would.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How responsive is it? Though the DInc is fast, I still have small slow-downs occasionally. I'd imagine that people who don't flash ROMs on a weekly basis, therefore clearing up any caches, would experience this even more than I would.

To be honest, the DInc felt faster to me when both were running stock Sense. Maybe it is the smaller screen and thus it takes less time for menus to open up, homescreens to scroll, etc. Not sure... need to play some games and run benchmarks.

This is not to suggest that the TBolt is any slouch, more a compliment to the DInc being a rock-solid device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34