Droid Incredible Rooted then Unrooted OTA Issues

weaponx

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My droid incredible is at version 2.1 I rooted a while back then unrooted it about a week after. Now for months it hasn't found the OTA update. Can anyone tell me which OTA is the latest version and can link me or direct me to a manual install of the latest OTA update for Droid Incredible? Thanks.

jpp44345

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
My droid incredible is at version 2.1 I rooted a while back then unrooted it about a week after. Now for months it hasn't found the OTA update. Can anyone tell me which OTA is the latest version and can link me or direct me to a manual install of the latest OTA update for Droid Incredible? Thanks.

I am assuming by "version 2.1" you mean you have Android 2.1 and not the 2.2 that the phone comes with. First of all, this is very strange. But you can simply download the stock version from 20100727_stock_froyo_signed.zip and put it on your sd card to upgrade. I am assuming you have a recovery installed and simply need to flash this zip file over to go back to stock. if you don't have the recovery, first go to unrevoked.com and get the latest recovery and then follow the above instructions.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I am assuming by "version 2.1" you mean you have Android 2.1 and not the 2.2 that the phone comes with. First of all, this is very strange. But you can simply download the stock version from 20100727_stock_froyo_signed.zip and put it on your sd card to upgrade. I am assuming you have a recovery installed and simply need to flash this zip file over to go back to stock. if you don't have the recovery, first go to unrevoked.com and get the latest recovery and then follow the above instructions.

How is this strange? The guy was rooted so I assume the ota didn't hit his phone and demand a install of the update. I assume it couldnt recognise his phone as a HTC incredible.

That's the way I wee it.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You can find the RUU for the 2.2 load here

Inc. Stock Images | doug piston

You will need to install HTC Sync on your PC to get the drivers and connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable.

This will wipe everything and you will be starting from scratch so be sure you backup your pics, videos and contacts to your SD card.

Good Luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary