Goodbye Droid2, hello Droid Incredible

RazorDroid

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
After prolly 15 D1's and D2's, good ol' Verizon switched my wife and I into Droid Incredibles. Both of us have had many numerous issues with the 2 Motorola Droids, and are excited to try out HTC. So far, a welcome change, very happy so far! :D

Brian

RazorDroid

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! So far I am liking not having a 5lb weight in my pocket/hand. The Dinc is so light and small compared to the Droid2. I will need to spend some time with it tonight, and get my screens $ apps set up.

RazorDroid

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
So far I'm quite impressed with HTC!!! Here at work though, I am having some network issues, like downlaoding apps, and the Interwebz. Prolly the old as hell metal and brick building though. We'll see.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Inc since 2 weeks before launch last year and it's going to be really hard to give it up. There's just so much you can do with the Inc.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Inc since 2 weeks before launch last year and it's going to be really hard to give it up. There's just so much you can do with the Inc.
agreed... I have gone through quite abit of phones and I must say... This phone is my favorite so far... the only complaint is the screen size... I have really big hands so I wish the screen was just a tad bigger :p but other than that, this phone is still one of the best...IMO

RazorDroid

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
After having some odd network issues, like when using anything that required data usage, the phone would slow way down (when loading or refreshing), and go from 3g to 1x. So my wife (she's the smart one of us) suggested doing a master reset. So after doing a master reset, and programming via *228, google servers just could not find me, so after 5 attempts I walked out to the parking lot here at work, and BAM google found me. So far so good, no more odd 3g to 1x issues.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
After having some odd network issues, like when using anything that required data usage, the phone would slow way down (when loading or refreshing), and go from 3g to 1x. So my wife (she's the smart one of us) suggested doing a master reset. So after doing a master reset, and programming via *228, google servers just could not find me, so after 5 attempts I walked out to the parking lot here at work, and BAM google found me. So far so good, no more odd 3g to 1x issues.
you'll be rooted and flashing ROM's in no time at all.... jk.... seriously though ;) you will love the phone. it grows on you once you master it completely.

Reactions: RazorDroid

RazorDroid

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
you'll be rooted and flashing ROM's in no time at all.... jk.... seriously though ;) you will love the phone. it grows on you once you master it completely.

HAHAHA Thanks! The whole rooting, and rom's stuff is way over my head! Maybe when not in warranty, and upgrade loomimg will I attempt that stuff.

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I love my Dinc. Welcome to the club. It does almost everything my laptop can do and them some, from getting my exchange mail to printing (some better printing apps would be much appreciated tho). Good luck!

RazorDroid

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
We were really fed up, and giving serious consideration to jumping ship and getting i*hones (I know, I know). With Verizon letting us switch to the DINC at no cost to us, or changing our upgrade, the DINC, and HTC have restored our faith in Android OS!!!! Thank God! I hate how you can't customize/personalize i*hones, and love that with Android OS, you can spend all day making it your own, and not be done!!!

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
We were really fed up, and giving serious consideration to jumping ship and getting i*hones (I know, I know). With Verizon letting us switch to the DINC at no cost to us, or changing our upgrade, the DINC, and HTC have restored our faith in Android OS!!!! Thank God! I hate how you can't customize/personalize i*hones, and love that with Android OS, you can spend all day making it your own, and not be done!!!

its one of the best features of android i agree!!! every time someone at work asks why i am not an isheep like them i point out that their screen is a boring old wall of icon pictures. no widgets or anything. just like every other iphone!!! Welcome to the club, hope the phone works as well as mine does for me! :cool:

RazorDroid

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Giving serious consideration to rooting. I just don't know where to begin. Not the most tech/comp savvy person, but I can read/follow directions with the best of 'em. I want to unload all the VZW crap bloatware, and overclock.

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I highly recommend rooting, if only to get rid of the Verizon crap. There are also some great apps you can use only once rooted, like screengrab and wireless tether (free hotspot). This is the easiest root method: unrevoked

Check out this forum on XDA for all kinds of great info on rooting and custom roms: Droid Incredible Android Development - xda-developers

You'll be amazed how much more you love your device once you've taken full ownership over it. :)