Please Help!!! Apps/phone all messed up. Force close on all apps

newdroidhead

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Let me start off by saying I am brand new to droid or smart phones at all so I don't know a lot of the fancy stuff or abbreviations so please feel free to "dumb" it down for me

My phone was working fine, now on all of my downloaded apps I am getting force close errors, my task list erased all of my stuff in it, angry birds just disappeared out of thin air etc... a few apps I deleted and was able to redownload and they seemed to do ok but now I can't even get into android market, getting force close errors there too.

I have no idea what to do, can you PLEASE help me???!!!!

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah you wanna do that thats what he means Just do a factory reset make sure your contacts are connected to your google account or at least write them all down

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
sorry- I really am a newbie who is clueless. I've seen the factory reset in the phone before though.

First and foremost - Connect your phone to your PC. When prompted select the disk drive setting. Then copy all your pictures, and data to your PC. 3 Drives will pop up, don't worry about that copy everything you can from all three and you'll be safe.

Next - set up an AppBrain account, download Appbrain from the market and sync your apps - this will give you a good list of what apps you had installed.

Next - select Menu -> Settings -> SD and Phone Storage -> Factory Data Reset
NOTE: THIS WILL ERASE EVERYTHING. Please back up as much as you can or want.

When done this should reboot your phone and run you through the setup process again.

Once re-set up you should be OK.

Reactions: newdroidhead

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Is it a stock device or a rooted device? I know you say you are brand new so is it a new phone or one you got from someone? Did you root it if it is new and if it is from someone else did they root it?

newdroidhead

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
It's a stock device. Haven't ventured too much into rooting it. It is on my list of things to do though :). I did do a factory reset and so far e/thing seems great!!! YaY! I love that the apps I got from Amazon Appstore were still there as soon as I redowloaded the appstore. Thank you all so much for your help!!! I may very well be back when I try to root it :) Any tips there?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Read the Stickies and the first few pages of the ROM's and Hacks sub-forum. Lots of really good info there. It may raise as many questions as it answers, but you will learn a lot very quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv