Netflix Available for the DInc!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Seriously! I came home and loaded it on my wife's DInc without her knowing, and put a shortcut on her homescreen. She went to check her phone for something and the next thing I know I'm getting Kissed!

;) Whoo Hoo! ;)

firstbeat

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
running CM7 stable. After Netflix was announced I checked the market and it didn't come up on the search, so I put in the direct link and was able to download it. After I installed it, my 3G icon just flashes on and off and I've had a bunch of force closes on a multitude of different apps. I did a fix permissions. The interesting thing is Netflix works fine, but the rest of the OS looks semi-hosed. Anyone run into this??

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
running CM7 stable. After Netflix was announced I checked the market and it didn't come up on the search, so I put in the direct link and was able to download it. After I installed it, my 3G icon just flashes on and off and I've had a bunch of force closes on a multitude of different apps. I did a fix permissions. The interesting thing is Netflix works fine, but the rest of the OS looks semi-hosed. Anyone run into this??

I am also running CM7 Stable version 7.0.3 and just downloaded Netflix from the market. Running fine so far. I would uninstall it and download directly from the market and see if that helps.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

I'm running CM 7.1 nightly #75 and have not had any problems. I agree with anicholas - reinstall from the market - search for netflix inc and it will pop up - a search for netflix and you have to scroll through a bunch of junk to find it.

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Quick question: how large is this app? In the market, it reports something like 4.5 megs, but when I checked in out in my settings menu, it reported something like 21 megs. just curious if others are seeing this as well!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Quick question: how large is this app? In the market, it reports something like 4.5 megs, but when I checked in out in my settings menu, it reported something like 21 megs. just curious if others are seeing this as well!

That's not surprising - the app does download a ton of graphics when it starts up.

CGWaters

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I installed it yesterday. It Force Closed on me every time I launched it. It also caused the annoying and ambiguous 'low on space' Android warning. I had 554 MB (74%) free on my phone and 6.81 GB (45%) free on my SD card. Clearing all of my caches (using the awesome 1Tap Cleaner) didn't clear the error, nor did uninstalling a few unused apps, nor did moving Netflix to my SD card (using App 2 SD), nor did rebooting. After I uninstalled Netflix, the 'free up disk space' error immediately disappeared.

Anyway, I re-installed Netflix again this morning...and it works great! I guess something was amiss the first time I tried to install it.

Hope this helps anyone else having the same problem.

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I try and launch Netflix, I get a black screen for 20-30 seconds and then an application not responding window. I'm running CM 7.0.3, any ideas?

mgeoffriau

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I installed it yesterday. It Force Closed on me every time I launched it. It also caused the annoying and ambiguous 'low on space' Android warning. I had 554 MB (74%) free on my phone and 6.81 GB (45%) free on my SD card. Clearing all of my caches (using the awesome 1Tap Cleaner) didn't clear the error, nor did uninstalling a few unused apps, nor did moving Netflix to my SD card (using App 2 SD), nor did rebooting. After I uninstalled Netflix, the 'free up disk space' error immediately disappeared.

Anyway, I re-installed Netflix again this morning...and it works great! I guess something was amiss the first time I tried to install it.

Hope this helps anyone else having the same problem.

I had similar problems, and it appears that the solution has to do with the order of installing NetFlix and updating Flash to 10.3.

I installed NetFlix, then let Flash update....low-disk space warnings and immediate force closes occured. I uninstall NetFlix and then reinstalled it, and it's perfect. I'm betting if you update Flash first, then install NetFlix, there wouldn't be any problems.

Has anyone tried the NetFlix app in conjunction with tv-out cable? I didn't have time to try it last night, and I'm curious how the video quality looks when scaled up to a regular TV screen.

CGWaters

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I had similar problems, and it appears that the solution has to do with the order of installing NetFlix and updating Flash to 10.3.

I installed NetFlix, then let Flash update....low-disk space warnings and immediate force closes occured. I uninstall NetFlix and then reinstalled it, and it's perfect. I'm betting if you update Flash first, then install NetFlix, there wouldn't be any problems.

Has anyone tried the NetFlix app in conjunction with tv-out cable? I didn't have time to try it last night, and I'm curious how the video quality looks when scaled up to a regular TV screen.

Good catch! Yes, I believe I originally installed Netflix just prior to installing a few pending updates--including Flash 10.3.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded it this morning and watched a bit of Saw IV over 3G...streamed without a hitch! And I didn't upgrade to Flash 10.3 either. Apparently it's not necessary.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar