Android Market Questions

Prezp127

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Why when I go into market settings and change my content filtering to show all apps when I close the settings page and open it to check my settings it reverts back to high maturity and does not stay on show all apps.

Question 2: How come when I rate an app my rating does not save?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Why when I go into market settings and change my content filtering to show all apps when I close the settings page and open it to check my settings it reverts back to high maturity and does not stay on show all apps.

But if you look at the other boxes arent they all checked ? Mine were ;)
It doesnt show "all apps" as being checked but if all the other boxes have a checkmark by them I think its the same thing

Question 2: How come when I rate an app my rating does not save?

hmmm I dont know mine didnt save either ,, when I tried just then to test

Last edited:
Reactions: Prezp127

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine are all checked as well. I checked just one. Closed the Market, went back in and it saved. Checked All Apps, closed the market and went back in they were all checked except show all apps so I think it works that way by design.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I tried again Monday and again today and it saved my rating and comment both times.:) Dont know why it didnt save comment other day

sent using TaPaTaLk

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have another question on the market, thought I'd toss it in here if that is OK??

Just curious if anyone knows.... is the Android Market not the same for Android phones fromn other carriers? For example, a friend on Sprint can find it but a friend on T Mobile cannot. Just curious if carriers have control over what their phones see in the Market.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have another question on the market, thought I'd toss it in here if that is OK??

Just curious if anyone knows.... is the Android Market not the same for Android phones fromn other carriers? For example, a friend on Sprint can find it but a friend on T Mobile cannot. Just curious if carriers have control over what their phones see in the Market.

There are some differences. Each carrier has apps that are exclusive and phones on other carriers can't get access too. For example, someone on Sprint won't be able to see My Verizon in the market. They can see it in the web based market, but if they try to download it they will see a message telling them that the app isn't supported by they're carrier.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I am sorry... I edited my post and inadvertently removed part...

One can see Words with Friends app but the other cannot....one on Sprint one on T-mobile.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Some apps require a minimum version of Android and others can be filtered by the carrier. In your words with friends example it's likely a minimum Android version filtering it out. Google recently enabled this for devs to reduce the "Your @#$#@ High End Gaming app designed for the Tegra 2 chipset won't run on my Backflip! 1 Star!" ratings for some of the apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz