Stagedright on Dinc

Bulkybear

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Running cyanogenmod 7 on my incredible and trying to hit the highest quadrant score I can. I noticed that no matter what rom I use be it 2.2 or 2.3 disabling or enabling stagefright makes no difference in score or 3d rendering or video playback. Im using blade buddy to enable it and also did so manually. I did notice that my stagefright options are in local.prop on my SD card and there is nothing about stagefright in my build.prop file in my system folder. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong I want this bug to work for me.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
First question is why are you trying to boost your quadrant scores? If you're just trying to impress your friends with a fast score don't bother. It's been shown over and over again that Benchmark scores and ROM stability/speed are not linked. There has been more than enough evidence of slow benchmark ROM's running very fast and smooth while screaming benchmark ROM's run like dirt.

These scores are easily faked out (as you are trying to do) and mean nothing in the real world. Their only real use is to benchmark different phones against each other in stock form and even that is marginal data.

Bulkybear

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Well that sure doesn't answer my question. But I'll answer yours. I'm wanting to boost my scores purely for my own amusement and I'm also just wondering if there is a legitimate reason stagefright doesn't affect my device or if I'm doing something wrong :)

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The reason your CM7 does not have Stagefright in the buildprop is because CM7 does not support Stagefright. They need the drivers from a legit HTC Release to get it to work. It's the same reason CM7 does not have 720P video.

From the CM7 Thread OP
Q: Where is my 720p video recording? CM6 had it, why doesn't CM7?
A:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayher
Here is an update for everyone, Please updated the OP! Cause we all know people read the OP.

720P recording will not be coming to CM7 at this time. We *MAY* see it later if we get an HTC GB leak, using an MSM device (aka not omap). But for now, if you HAVE to have 720P recording, stick with CM6.

The issue is that GB uses stagefright, and the hack it took to get 720p in CM6 wont work with stagefright. (it was done in opencore.) This is why we cant get it. The current driver implementation we have to work with is just not capable.

So there you go, you can stop wondering/asking/hoping.

So in a nutshell you can't use Stagefright to boost your quadrant scores in CM7

Hope this helps.

Bulkybear

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok that makes sense. I didn't even realize 720p recording didn't work. So why does it not affect my 2.2 virtuous rom or stock?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that the stock ROM has opencore built into it, just stagefright so that might explain it. I could be wrong about that though, I have not really messed around much with trying to boost the benchmarks.

Bulkybear

May 27, 2011
Visit site
That makes sense but if so that sucks. Stock with stagefright gets about 200 less on quadrant than cm7 without :(