Gingerbread(2.3) for DINC

RazorDroid

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
So I got bored at work yesterday, and randomly decided to email HTC about Gingerbread for our awesome DINC. This is their response, 4 hours later even.

"I understand you would like to know the ETA of Gingerbread for the Incredible and would like to know if Sense 3.0 will be included. I do not have a specific date I can advise for the Incredible however we do expect 2.3 to be released during the Summer. I do not yet know if elements of Sense 3.0 will be included with the update.

I am glad you are enjoying your device!"

Discus.........

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Sense 3.0? Highly doubt it. MAYBE version 2.0.....MAYBE....

I honestly just expect gingerbread when it's released and any thing is just extra frosting on the cake.

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I imagine receiving a new version of Sense will be a long shot, seeing as how one was not included in the Gingerbread build that leaked a few weeks ago... but you never know, I guess!

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I imagine receiving a new version of Sense will be a long shot, seeing as how one was not included in the Gingerbread build that leaked a few weeks ago... but you never know, I guess!

This. The Gingersense leak came with Sense version 1. HTC/Verizon might decide to give us Sense 2, but I really doubt it. If you want gingerbread with Sense 2 there are ROM chefs who have made it so. As for Sense 3, you can forget about it. Sense 3 is simply too big to fin into the Dinc's memory, and I think the ROM chefs who have cooked up Sense 3 ROM's have had to pull off some major tricks to make it work.

Last edited:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Bob Hope------------------------------------------------- Chance of Sense Upgrade---------------------------------------------No Hope

I took the time to painstakingly plot on a graph the odds of getting an upgrade to Sense as a part of Gingerbread and concluded it's dead center between Bob and No Hope!

;)

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I just hope that when we do get it that it runs as smooth as Froyo. My phone has no issues and is super fast. I have friends who got it for their X that it did a factory reset and one where he had to do a reset to get it to install. None are rooted.

Bendroid55

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I don't think HTC has ever upgraded an existing device to a newer version of Sense. The Evo just got an official gingerbread update and it did not include a Sense upgrade.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't think we'll be seeing a GB Skyraider, at least not from the original dev. He's moving on to work with the Thunderbolt, and it sounds like he won't be revisiting the Inc. :'(

That sucks :( Hmmmm, what Roms do you think will be available built from the official release? I'm certainly not going with stock :)

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Since its been reported that the Dinc2 will be getting GB from vzw website ,and nothing about an official GB for the Dinc.
I'm starting to think there might not be one,coming out officially anyway hopefully I'm wrong but just doesn't sound as promising to me finding that out.

sent using TaPaTaLk

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The rumor for the DInc was 2nd week of July, but since the announcement of "The Ocho" getting theirs soon... I'm disappoint.

son_i_am_disappoint_trollcat.jpg

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I just hope that when we do get it that it runs as smooth as Froyo. My phone has no issues and is super fast.

I just got myself a DInc through Craigslist. The GB update for my X came with excessive random reboots. I think, if possible, I'll pass on a GB update to this DInc. I'm not rooted by the way. I'm glad to now be a part of the Incredible family. It's actually the device I wanted when I upgraded to the X back in December. I let a VZW rep fast talk me into the X since I'm a guy and I should have the larger device! #fail

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got myself a DInc through Craigslist. The GB update for my X came with excessive random reboots. I think, if possible, I'll pass on a GB update to this DInc. I'm not rooted by the way. I'm glad to now be a part of the Incredible family. It's actually the device I wanted when I upgraded to the X back in December. I let a VZW rep fast talk me into the X since I'm a guy and I should have the larger device! #fail

Welcome to the Incredible Club, it really is a great device. Sorry you had so many random reboots with your X, I actually had random reboots with the stock Froyo ROM on my Dinc, rooting and installing CM7 solved that problem. If you are open to rooting there are plenty of great Gingerbread ROM's, with and without sense, that you can run instead of the official OTA update.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Sometimes a reset after an OTA is unavoiadable. I would not let that deter you from taking the OTA.