Anyone receive a Incredible 2 from assurion replacement(after 6/1/11)

marcg611

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has received a incredible 2 for replacement if they're replacement was after 6/1? 1 week ago my friend in vzw customer service confirmed they're replaceing with Droid x's, and on 6/2 my friend sent me a text that he just handled a customer that asurion replaced with a Incredible 2... got a crack in my screen so seeing what ill get since they keep running out of incredible's... ;)

Last edited:

yeahwrite

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
A friend from work got a DInc 2 to replace her original DInc earlier this week. Assurion offered her the 2 right up front, no mention of a Droid X.

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
insclaim.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: zero neck

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I thought the same thing when i saw that picture in ANOTHER THREAD. It's got to be a Droid X with a 2gb card. Droid X2 is too new and too big a leap to equivalent compared to a Droid incredible.

marcg611

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
How much is the deductible?
A stiff $100 now for "advanced devices" ... played with a inc2 today and its pretty smooth, perfect size balance with out the huge icons of the 4.3's and the screen is amazing. The s-lcd looked was so much brighter, crisper, and realistic than my amoled! Think I might file a claim and hope for root sooner than later! Has anyone got a new one or refurbished from assurion?

marcg611

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Only option during assurion online claim process is a Incredible 2, and its on the way!... I'll update if its new or refurb, im guessing new...:D

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Man if I hadn't just Loaded CyanogenMod on my DInc I would be inclined to "lose" it. Guess I'll wait until the Incredible 2 has permanent root and CM7 support.

rufgt2

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
So out of curiosity, I have never had insurance on my phone until I bought my DINC. Do you have to send your old phone back in if you make a claim? How do they know if it is lost? Do they keep tabs on it based on the phone being activated by someone else? Just curious, I have a cracked screen but didn't know if I needed to send it in, just been holding out in hopes of getting a DINC 2.

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking $100 for a new phone isn't a bad deal since my contract isn't up for another year. Interested to see if marcg611 does get the Dinc2

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I wonder what they do if you say you lost the phone and dont know where it is, like at the bottom of a lake? Will they use GPS to try to track it or just deactivate it from the network and go on with life??

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Most likely if a phone is "returned" under insurance it's ESN is killed. That's what I would do as an insurer to prevent fraud. I don't know if they do in fact do this, but it seems very logical they would.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes, anytime a phone is replaced by Asurion, the ESN is blacklisted. However, it can still be used on WiFi and can be flashed to Cricket.

marcg611

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
So out of curiosity, I have never had insurance on my phone until I bought my DINC. Do you have to send your old phone back in if you make a claim? How do they know if it is lost? Do they keep tabs on it based on the phone being activated by someone else? Just curious, I have a cracked screen but didn't know if I needed to send it in, just been holding out in hopes of getting a DINC 2.
if you say its broken you have to return the bad one, if its lost... then far as they know its lost, If you say stolen then pretty sure they'll require a police report (happened to me in the past) but if you "lost" it then maybe one day you'll find it and have a nice media/development device ;)

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
If you say you lost it, then yes, they disable the ESN. I lost mine, got my replacement, then months later my original one was returned to me. It actually came in handy for when I finally decided to root and try out some roms. It was a great way for a noob like me to not brick my phone or, at the very least, be without one for a few days. So now I have a 3.7 inch tablet and a Dinc.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
And people wonder why insurance goes up.
To put a claim in to get something newer is just wrong, but that is just me.
If you don't return the phone withing 10 days I think they carge you full retail value which would be like 400.00

marcg611

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Got my replacement today and..........its a BRAND NEW RETAIL DROID INCREDIBLE 2!!!! Pretty bad ass! And it came with a preinstalled 16gb card, but I removed to put in my 32gb... First impressions are its really fast and screen is beautiful and perfect size, device is way more solid, Rom space has for OS has increased from 275mb to 667mb! This will allow some sweet custom roms and even though their is no 8gb internal emmc, the internal app storage is a larger 1.2gb with 1.05 free at start with all the bloat. 1 negative so far the external speaker isn't as loud but let's face it the Droid incs speaker was really loud and awesome.. definitely a great deal of a replacement, and there's new info showing root is coming soon , temp rooting today though to freeze bloat and finish restoring apps! :D

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Got my replacement today and..........its a BRAND NEW RETAIL DROID INCREDIBLE 2!!!! Pretty bad ass! And it came with a preinstalled 16gb card, but I removed to put in my 32gb... First impressions are its really fast and screen is beautiful and perfect size, device is way more solid, Rom space has for OS has increased from 275mb to 667mb! This will allow some sweet custom roms and even though their is no 8gb internal emmc, the internal app storage is a larger 1.2gb with 1.05 free at start with all the bloat. 1 negative so far the external speaker isn't as loud but let's face it the Droid incs speaker was really loud and awesome.. definitely a great deal of a replacement, and there's new info showing root is coming soon , temp rooting today though to freeze bloat and finish restoring apps! :D

Did you have to pay a deductible for your replacement?? I know I'm out of warranty now so if you didn't have to ill be sure to make up a problem with my dinc so I can get a dinc2...

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
if it's out of warranty you deductible is either 50.00 (I have one left) or like 89.00.

But seriously, making problems up to get a new phone is the reason why the insurance and deductibles are going up.

Reactions: Legobricke

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke