Apps Broken?

dvorak

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Got a problem with my android phone, an HTC Incredible. I tend to not keep my apps updated :p, and decided to have them all update at once. Well i thought it was hanging so I restarted my phone and progress was still there, so i left it be. It eventually finished, but now a majority of my apps crash on start and some, like the market and Facebook, have reverted to earlier versions. Facebook i fixed by going into the market and telling it to install again. but it didn't work with other apps, they just crash upon restart again. Also apps on the SD card don't even show up. my phone is rooted and has clockwork mod installed so i could revert to an earlier backup, or just wipe my phone and start from scratch, I would prefer not to though.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Download the free version ROM Manager from the market. You can update Clockwork from the market and run Fix Permissions from within ROM manager.

dvorak

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Download the free version ROM Manager from the market. You can update Clockwork from the market and run Fix Permissions from within ROM manager.

Nice! thats seems to have worked! thanks! Just the apps that were on the SD card don't seem to show up anymore though. like it shows a little android icon instead and when i press it, it says "The Linked program is no longer installed on your phone" Is there a way to fix it or do i just have to re install them from the market?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle