DINC Power button stopped working

kadmanMusic

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know if anyone else had this issue. The power button stopped working on my Dinc. So now, when the screen goes to sleep, the only way to wake it up is to plug it in to a charger. I went to Verizon and they no longer fix phones, and I'm out of warranty by a month-and-a-half. I saw Repairs Universe as the button for sale and I can try and fix it myself, but wasn't sure if anyone here had any advice before I take my phone apart.

Thanks.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I remember reading a while ago, I appologize I don't remember where, that the power button was a pretty easy fix. If the part is not too expensive give it a whirl.

Do you have insurance?

kadmanMusic

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Sadly, no insurance. My thought at the time was, if anything happened to the phone, my wife would kill me, so there is no way I would let anything happen to it. Hmm... Though, I feel like the insurance is a bit of a scam. You basically will pay $100 by the time your warranty runs out. Dunno. The part is $14 + Shipping. Maybe I'll give it a try. I bought a Dinc 2 with the idea that I wouldn't be able to fix it and I'm quickly getting attached to it. I almost don't want to fix it now. haha.

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
The button will be an easy fix, I replaced the speaker in mine months ago. There is a good video on you tube about speaker replace. Same steps for getting to power button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12