Initial Price/Price drop?

Scopic

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Would anyone care to estimate the initial price of the Incredible with an existing contract with Verizon?

Also, when do you think we'll see a price drop? The Droid has been at $50 for a good while now, I wonder if the Incredible will have some incredible deals soon after its launch.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it will take a while but I'd you can wait it probably wouldn't be a bad decision initial price some were around 199

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yea, i'd guess 199 too as apple has practically forced a 199 price for smartphones that are in the same bracket as the iphone. which is a good thing for consumers. :)

as far as price drops, you might see it lower at places like wirefly and amazon with new contracts, but i don't see verizon dropping the price in the first couple months, if anything they might have a bogo deal for them

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
yea, i'd guess 199 too as apple has practically forced a 199 price for smartphones that are in the same bracket as the iphone. which is a good thing for consumers. :)

as far as price drops, you might see it lower at places like wirefly and amazon with new contracts, but i don't see verizon dropping the price in the first couple months, if anything they might have a bogo deal for them

I would be some what shocked if this is allowed by verizon. A lot of times they mandate what the lowest price can be advertised, or they will pull the right to sell their products.... I would say ask digital connect(a local competitor), but you cant anymore as they didnt play by the rules.

Scopic

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
With the $599 price, anyone care to estimate how much it should be with an EXISTING contract? I don't have a phone upgrade available from VZ as far as I know, but I would also be getting a data plan which I currently do not have.

Maybe I can haggle the new contract price with a plan upgrade? What do you guys think?

Last edited:

StuckwVerizon

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I hope it's $200 with 2 year contract. If it's more than $200, I am probably going to settle with Moto Droid for now. And when next generation phone comes out on Verizon with 4G, I will get that phone instead. Droid Incredible is great but I don't want to spend that kind of money on the phone with data plan.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
With the $599 price, anyone care to estimate how much it should be with an EXISTING contract? I don't have a phone upgrade available from VZ as far as I know, but I would also be getting a data plan which I currently do not have.

Maybe I can haggle the new contract price with a plan upgrade? What do you guys think?

$599 is your price without signing a new contract. Adding data to a plan doesn't always create a new 2 year contract, but if you are eligible, you can choose to sign a new 2 year agreement and get whatever the discounted price of the phone will be. Best bet is to stop by a corporate store or a best buy and ask them the nutty gritty details. I don't have VZW anymore, but added the data plan in the past without extending my contract.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yea, adding features to your plan doesn't make a new contract.

as for vzw mandating the lowest price, you can buy a moto droid for $20 on amazon if you sign a new contract, which is quite a bit lower than what it would run doing the same thing at the vzw store.

my pricing bet is still going to be 199 after $100 rebate (new contract)

and we might see a drop of $50 on the droid, but i'm kind of doubting it.

Scopic

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Oh, so I can just say that I want to renew or extend my current contract and they'll give me the discounted price?

Or did I interpret that wrong?

twinturbostang

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
When does your contract end? Verizon usually lets you sign up for a new 2-year contract (with discounted phone pricing) well in advance of when your existing contract ends. The NE2 ("New Every Two") takes into effect at 20 months into your contract (4 months before it ends).

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Oh, so I can just say that I want to renew or extend my current contract and they'll give me the discounted price?

Or did I interpret that wrong?

like twinturbostang said, it depends on where you are in your current contract.

while there's nothing in verizon's systems that prohibits the arbitrary extension of a contract at any point to invoke the discount (aside from a manager approval) virtually any cs rep isn't going to do it just because.

but if you're near the end (or even past the 1yr mark) some will extend it for you to allow you to get the new contract price (but you will lose your pending NE2 discount if you're not close enough to the end)

so, provided you're not a freshly signed contract, you best bet is to go to a vzw store and be real nice. :p

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
that might actually be close enough.

is your account a long standing one? that usually helps.

that and if you have more lines especially. :)

it can't hurt to go down and talk to a manager about it after the phone comes out.

out of curiosity, what phone do you have now?

Scopic

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
It's an individual 2-year contract.

My current plan is Nationwide 450 (500 Text) at a rate of $49.99/month.

My current phone is a Samsung Alias (The incredible will be my first smart phone).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34